Monday, October 03, 2005

Leaving on a jet plane - Peter Paul & Mary

An old fren texted me that she heard I was leaving on a jet plane soon. That was last week. Told her that I was but my bags are not packed yet and I wasn’t ready to go!!!

I was dreading the flight, tho. Besides the “leaving home and frens” issue, the idea of a 13 hour flight in economy class really turned me off.

At least the time at the airport was good. Me mates were all super late so I did manage to spend time wif me family and played a little wif me nephew and niece.

It was oso a pleasant surprise to find my Uni-mate at the airport along wif his wif and son, coming all the way just to see me off! Cheers, mate!

Special mention oso to me mates who went all the way to Jalan Alor just to get me the famous Bar-B-Q chicken wings – which I couldn’t eat! Sori, mates. I really, really appreciated it. It was just that at that point of time, I couldn’t eat anything. I really dun know why. Of course, looking back now, I’m really craving for it! It was very thoughtful of you guys.


Chicken wings at McD's! Posted by Picasa

Of course the cheering as I walked away was unnecessary – but nice! Hehehe. Felt like a pop star! What really touched me was me nephew who kept on shouting goodbye to me. I initially thought that he was just being his usual mischievous self and enjoyed making all the commotion and getting some attention. Later, I was told that he was really sad after I left and was asking for me the next day at home as he was missing me. :-(

Then there were those who couldn’t make it – and one certain fren who called me just as I was passing thru the immigration check! Me hand carry luggage went thru the scanner oredi and I had to put her on hold, put the phone thru the scanner and retrieve it on the other side! Looking back, it was really good that she called at that point of time – when I just left me family and mates behind and walking alone into the 747. Helped me get me mind off things.

The flight wasn’t as bad as I anticipated it to be. Sure, having to squeeze in between 2 people in the economy class ain’t fun. But it wasn’t too bad. Wif the on-flight entertainment, everyone was anti-social. But we were nice and considerate.

There were movies-on-demand! I had oredi singled out all the movies to watch to cover all 13 hours!!! Pretty good choices – from classics like “To Kill A Mockingbird” to latest movies like “The Longest Yard”. They even had Korean and Jap movies!

Unfortunately, I din realise I was totally wasted. I only managed to catch 2 movies – Hostage and The Longest Yard. I slept most of the time.

Food was alrite but no hot stewardesses. Only some really nice and helpful stewards!

How come the plane looked so much comfortable in “Flight Plan”???

Overall, a good and safe flight. Very little turbulence, very smooth. Only complaint was that the guy in front of me slept wif his chair tilted back all the way most of the time – I had to watch the screen in front of me from 6 inches away!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?