Sunday, February 19, 2006

Yesterday Once More - The Carpenters

My mobile phone rang. I looked at the screen and was pleasantly surprised to see me mate's name on it. It has been a while since I've heard from her.

She was driving and then suddenly a song came on - which reminded her of me. So she thought she'd just call me to say "hi"!!!

I can't remember if i've posted sumthing like this before - i prolly have - but i'll do so again if i have. Music and songs are truly wonderful time travelling machines! One moment you are there surfing the net or studying and then suddenly a song comes on and the next moment, you get transported back into time! It becomes yesterday once more!!!!

Prolly the earliest memories i have connected to songs will be Andy Williams' songs - which was the first music cassette me father bought along wif our very first radio cassette player!

Just the other day, i was watching "Armour of God" and when Alam Tam's song "Friend" came on, it almost moved me to tears. It was one of the songs that me mates and i sang together back in the good old Marley Hall days! It was also during another girl's b'day do that i played that song - until me fingers bled!

Another song would be Starship's "Sarah" - that would bring me back to the crazy time in Langkawi when all of us cramped into the van burst out singing it at the top of our lungs.

Then there'd be Sam Hui's songs - i've blogged bout it many times oredi.

Sometimes, the memory attached to the song may have nothing to do with actually hearing the song or singing it!!!! There was this one trip wif certain people *ahem* to Temerloh when we mentioned about the song "Kokomo" - which was the subject of a pretty lame joke. Now each time i hear that song, i get transported back into that Unser on that Saturday morning heading east along the Karak highway!!!! And remember the look on our driver's face each time we cracked a lame joke! :-)

I actually have 2 CDs full of songs which brings back memories of me stay at Barking in the early 90s. And some cassettes wif songs which remind me of a certain individual...

Ah... memories! :-)

Oh, you wanna know wat was the song that reminded me mate of me? It was Lou Bega's Mambo No. 5!!!!!!!!!

Don't ask... ;-P

Comments:
sorree...i couldn't help but laugh reading wat song reminded ur fren of u ... don't ask ;) no harm intended, hehe...
 
well, wateva u or anyone else think is the reason of why that song reminded me fren of me, trust me - that's not it! ;-P

i used to be "disturbed" over the fact of the use of "Mary" in the song. i mean, all the girls' names in the song ends wif an "a" - rita, jessica, angela, pamela, monica, erica, tina, sandra... so wat's up wif mary????

things which keep me awake during the cold wintry nites... along wif International Criminal Law, International Child Law, etc. of course!
 
*blurr* ok u lost me! mebbe the songwriter jus ran out of girls' names that rhyme? THAT kept u awake? wow ... it's like that feeling when u know u know somethin' but can't rmbr it clearly, and then u jus stare at the ceiling wondering what was it u were supposed to know. ok, i think i'm not making sense. gonna keep quiet now. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?