Monday, October 16, 2006

Goodbye Alice in Wonderland - Jewel

Just like the many posts herein in recent times, the past few weeks have been like the last half hour of “Return of the King” – so many endings and goodbyes! But this is it. This is the end.

In 2004, I did something which many thought was crazy – I gave up my job as the junior partner of a legal firm with the intention of leaving the legal profession for good and resuming my studies.

Although the path then was not smooth – I have to admit that there were moments when I feared that I may regret my decision – I finally started my Masters’ degree programme here in autumn of 2005. In a way, I took the “blue pill” and the challenge to see where the rabbit-hole would lead me to. Just like Alice, nothing would have prepared me for the adventure that was waiting for me.

I moved in to Rayleigh Tower 11 in October 2005 – and I started on this blog. Today, after more than one year and close to 500 posts in this blog, I will move out of Rayleigh Tower for good – and move out of this blog too.

The year has been… words fail me now (considering the 400 plus posts before this, you have to trust me when I say that it’s seldom I’m lost for words). All the superlatives I can think of now seem so inadequate. After being on this terrestrial ball for more than 3 decades, I thought I have had experienced it all. I couldn’t have been further away from the truth.

What can I say? This is the life! I’m living again. I’ve never felt so alive for so long.

But just like almost everything else, this journey must reach its conclusion. I’ve delayed it long enough – and I’ve resisted the temptation to delay it even further. It has been brilliant. Now it’s time for a new adventure, a new journey, a new story… a new blog.

I have decided to call the curtains for this blog too as I needed some sort of closure. A part of me has been struggling in the recent weeks to cling on to the last vistas of good times and memories. It was kinda like coming to the end of “The Return of the King” and not wanting to end knowing that there won’t be a part 4 next December. It may be like how Peter (not Jackson) felt on the Mount of Transfiguration – how he wanted to set up tents so that they could stay there for a while longer.

But later today, I’ll walk out of Rayleigh Tower for good – I’ll be back as a visitor but that won’t be the same.

So as I sit all alone here in the kitchen, drinking Tesco coffee and enjoying the night view of the lake like I’ve always had almost every night in the past 380 days, I will not cry knowing it is my last nite but instead, my heart is filled with joy as I think of the knowledge gained, of the lessons learnt, of the frenships made – and strengthened, of the happiness experienced, of the tears shed, of the love received and shared, of the life lived!

I thank God for mapping out the route for me – truly:-

“eyes has not seen, nor ear heard,
nor have entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared for those who love him”


I thank me family for being so supportive of me studies here.

And I thank you for going down deep into the rabbit-hole with me. It’s goodbye now.

p/s – My new blog is
The Movie in My Mind. However, with the extensive travelling and lack of internet facilities, it may be a while before it is “business as usual” there.

p/p/s – I have the right to be narcissistic, dun I? It is the final opportunity for me to be so! So check out my pictorial recap of the year here in Rayleigh Tower in
Pieces of Me.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
oh well...as cliche as it sounds, an end always marks the beginning of another new chapter. can't wait to read ur movie blog! just dun dwell on star wars too much ok? :)
 
Will miss your stories...hope you'll enjoy your trip to France with baby shark (weng soon)...
 
hey it was a great pleasure to have shared in a bit of your life here at essex.. thanks for everything =)

all the best yarh with life ahead! i'll be around lah if ever u end up in colchester again in the next 2 years and need a place to lodge.

enjoy france and holland!
 
Goodbye my friend... Enjoy life!
 
will miss this blog...look forward to your next...keep the posts coming bro...cheers!

hondaztec
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?