Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Something for the pain - Bon Jovi

Had me first migraine attack here last nite. Not bad - went thru more than a month without one! :-)

Of course I've had headaches here but last nite was migraine! Whoa!

Still, was quite proud of meself - it started at bout 7 pm when I was in the library. Unortunately, the book I sought for was only available to be read in the library. So I stayed on til past 9 reading the relevant chapters. The migraine then wasn't so bad - just a mere headache. I thought it was cuz I've not eaten anything (save for a bowl of cereal - when I had me breakfast at 5 pm).

So I got back and whipped up a quick dinner. When Michelle, one of me flatmates saw me cooking before 10 pm, she jokingly asked if I was sick since I dun normally cook dinner so early!

Unfortunately, after eating, the headache got worse and escalated into a full fledge migraine. I took 2 panadols and decided to take a break from the books and watch some stuffs on me laptop. In the end, I surrendered. Took the "heavy duty" medication and went to bed at bout 12 midnite - leaving aside the tonnes of reading material which I was planning to stay up all nite to complete.

The sleep did me good. Conclusion - it was the lack of sleep (read previous posts) that caused it. It actually felt good this morning, waking up early and feeling really fresh. Even had time to go to the library and did some pretty useful reading before attending class (which again was simply excellent - 2 hours non-stop and yet, no one seemed to mind).

Am feeling pretty good today. Looking back, if I din have the migraine, I would have stayed up all nite reading again - and would prolly end up being sick. The migraine made me go to sleep and have sufficient rest.

I guess I shud be thankful for the migraine, rite?

Bottom line - thank God! :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?