Friday, November 04, 2005

Desperado - Eagles

So I spent the whole day watching DH. I finished the first season - and realised it was 9 pm!!!

But really, I'm not addicted. :-P

I mean, I admit, I do enjoy it. But it comes nowhere close to me fav TV serials like Lost, Ally McBeal, Law & Order (SUV), The Practice, CSI: New York. Heck, not even as good as Alias.

Still, it is good. It is very entertaining. And I understand now why some people had to eat their dinner at Gurney Drive quickly and then speed walk back to the hotel to watch it!

Why do I find it entertaining?

Good question. To be honest, I dun like any of the women in the serial. In fact, I get the biggest joy when these "housewives" get what they (IMHO) deserve! Perhaps that's why I enjoy it? Seeing these terrible women get their just desserts?

I can't stand Bree, Susan does things which drives me up the wall, Gabrielle is shallow and a slut, and Lynette - well, she's prolly the best among them all, to me.

As I watch the serial, I get even more thankful that I'm still single and do not have to suffer like the poor men in the series do (altho they too are not blameless - still, my heart goes out to them).

So why do I still watch it - and enjoy it (might I add, a lot!)?

Well, for starters, it keeps me interest wif the on-going mystery over Alice's suicide.

It is amusing also.

It is real! No wonder I can't stand the housewives - they are all flawed. But then again, who isn't?

The series is loaded twists - which most of you know I simply love! It is so unpredictable - and as the story unfurls further, everything is connected - all those seemingly random threads do in the end spin a truly intruiging plot.

And to me, the best part of the entire series is the narration - first, just like the classic, Sunset Boulevard, they get a dead person to do the narration. The narration is witty - and I have to say, extremely well written. Especially the narration which ends each episodes. I love it.

OK - to start season 2 soon...

Oh, just some interesting trivia - wat does DH have in common wif my blog? Well, the titles of each episode (except the pilot) are in fact titles of songs!!! Just like the titles of each of me posts here!

p/s - to me mates who watched DH at Penang together: remember the scene when Gabrielle visits Carlos in prison? And then she says she's gonna kiss her husband. And the local censors snipped off that scene leaving us wif only seeing Gabrielle looking stunned? We were all wondering wat happened! Well, if you still dun know, as Gabrielle kissed Carlos, he told her where to find the evidence supporting his guilt and tells her to burn it. Well, thanks to the guardians of our morals in M'sia (who deemed it truly inappropriate for us to see a man kiss his wife - who knows what kind of people we'll turn out to be if we watched that scene!!!!), we missed that truly important scene.

Comments:
DH! I'm hooked too! But am only on Episode 11 of Season 1....

I know what you mean about not liking any of them! They're so irritatingly...familiar....heheh...

If we look closely we prolly find some bits of them in our relatives and friends! And even worse...ourselves....
 
yeah... brie's anal-retentiveness is pretty familiar!

oh, another reason why i like the series - its about frenship. and no matter how "bad" yr frens are or how much they may have inadvertantly hurt you, they are still yr frens.

i was gonna highlight an incident in the series here but since u r only in episode 11, i won't spoil it for you!
 
AHHHHH i seeeeee... hehehe actually its also just how real we all keep our little and big secrets no matter how close we can be! and gosh its weird isnt it but its true abt not liking any of em specifically but still liking the show.
 
yeah, secrets. but when the secrets are revealed, the frenship still remains.

ok - i retract me previous statement that Alias is better than DH. the more i think about it, the better it gets!

now for season 2...
 
I agree.... especially love the fact that they all KNOW Gabrielle is a slut, and Susan's a flake, and Brie is pretty darn nuts, but they still love each other...
 
i need to know - are women really like that????
 
Noooooooo, Jon. dun get me started on another series!!!!

as it is, i'm trying hard to resist downloading 24!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?