Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Friends - Michael W. Smith

To me, the best thing about my time in London last week was not the wonderful sights, the excellent food at Chinatown, the great shopping nor the wonderful weather (really! Sunny days - see my pics coming soon) but the time spent wif me mates.

It was interesting - I met up wif friends whom I've known for more than half my life, frens whom I knew in just the past couple of years... and a fren that i just got to know last week itself!

It was so nice to hang out, to have a drink, to share a meal, to cook together, to laugh, to share, to pray. Brilliant!

Posted by Picasa

CCK

I've known him for so long - and not surprisingly, we've had brilliant times together as well as been at each other's throat before!!!!

It was really nice catching up wif him - and his long-winded stories were actually entertaining this time round!

He was oso extremely helpful - bringing loads of stuffs over for me and agreeing to bring back home stuffs for me! On top of that, he oso took the initiative to bring additional stuffs for me. How thoughtful!

Cheers, mate!

The man!

Jess agreed wif me when I described this next mate as "the man"!!!!! He's cool, he's funny, he's real, he's happening!

He took me out for a brilliant glass of ale at Covent Garden one nite - but it was the time spent over dinner at athis turkish eatery in Greenwich which was priceless. It was REAL fellowship - sumthing which I realised then that I have been deprived of. Of course, there were loads of laughter too (as one can expect when one is in his company).

I was so sad when he left to go back to M'sia.

MC

Actually, I only got to know MC better this year. But she's just one of the few people that I could "click" wif easily - so much so that her mate thought we had known each other for a long time oredi!

Besides having a brilliant time exploring London together, I got to see a side of her that I never knew - her artistic side!

Of course we had disagreements - at Tate Modern, over wat is art and wat is IMHO crap!!!!! Oh well, I've got no taste, I guess...

B

I just met her last week - and I was thankful that it was so easy to get along wif her. She is an extremely nice person! And not just to me - I see how she relates to others and she is indeed one who goes all out to be helpful and hospitable.

I'm usually pretty slow to "warm-up" to a new person but for her case, it was pretty fast!

BT

Nope, I din meet up wif her but I was pleasantly surprised when she called me while I was in Knightsbridge. Her timing was excellent cuz MC was shopping at that time in H&M. So thanks to her call, I din have to wait and "hover" over MC while she shops her girlie stuffs - and MC din have to worry about me getting too bored!!!

It had been a long time since i spoke to her and we had a wonderful time catching up wif news of each other as well as wif news of our mutual mates.

Oh, another plus point was that I could get to talk wif them all in Cantonese or in me M'sian accent interspersed wif Malay words!!! Praise God for wonderful frens!

Comments:
was reading ur past posts and came across this...im glad u enjoyed the ale at The Porterhouse and the fellowship at Greenwich...priceless moments in time that i will never forget...


too our next pint...cheers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?