Friday, April 28, 2006

Keep the faith - Bon Jovi

One of the things i really liked about the stressful days doing me essays is that my devotion time improves!

Some of you call it "Quiet Time" (QT), others "Devotion". Basically, what i am referring to is the time set aside each to read the Bible - and let God's words speak to you (altho i confess that i sometimes rush thru the former and neglect the latter). For ease of reference, i'll refer to it as QT here even tho i personally dun like that description.

There's always this talk about whether doing it in the morning or at nite is better. I used to prefer the nite - being a nocturnal person. But for a long time, i've tried doing it twice - in the morning and at nite.

"Tried" is the important word there.

But each time i'm bogged down with essays (and the one exam i had so far), my QT improves. I guess i'm forced into being discipline with me time. Normally, i'd wake up whenever i want to and sleep when i'm just about to drop off. But wif essays looming, i settle into a proper routine - and that includes time for QT.

Anyways, jus wanna share some thoughts. I'm reading about the Kings of Judah and Israel in 2 Chronicles.

Chapters 24 - 26 chronicles the lives of 3 kings of Judah - Joash, his son, Amaziah and Uzziah. The common trait bout these 3 kings was that they did wat was right in the sight of the Lord (24v2, 25v2, 26v4).

There was another common factor - just before they died, they were no longer pleasing to God.

Joash was prolly remembered most as the King who repaired the temple of God. Unfortunately, when he became older, he forsook God (24v20). He was then severely injured in a war and then he was killed in a conspiracy by his own people.

After Amaziah turned away from God, his own people also conspired against him. Learning from the experince of his father(?), he fled the country. However, he was caught and mudered.

Uzziah was one of the great Kings of Judah who had a brilliant reign. The people prospered. Unfortunately, his successes went to his head - and he tried to take over the function of the priests (only one person is King and Priest - our Lord Jesus). He was thus struck with leprosy and he died a leper.

Sad-eh? I was. Very. Great men who did great things for God. But yet, in the end, they turned away from God. Just like Solomon - the wisest man on earth turned out to be quite foolish (imagine how about the rest of us average ones!!!!).

There were many times in my life when i felt like giving it all up. Reading about the Judaen kings reminded me of the importance to persevere in my walk. Not to look back at my 'achievements' but always to look forward and to look to my author and perfector of my faith. For only then, only by his grace and strength can i keep the faith.


The journey is long - but with God's help, we'll keep on track!

And of course, i know there are you out there praying for me. i truly appreciate it. I thank God for all you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?