Sunday, May 07, 2006

I wish it would rain down - Phil Collins

I love the sound of the rain hitting the windowpane. :-)

I miss the sound of the heavy rain falling on the roof of me house back home, accompanied by the occasional faraway thunder and flashes of lightning.

But it did rain here the whole weekend!

I must be the only person in UK who was actually in a good mood this weekend. The rest? I'm sure everyone was feeling a little down. After all, we had a foretaste of summer during the week - warm weather, hot blazing sun. People were out by the lake, lying on the grass, sitting in the Squares, playing ball games, enjoying the sun.

Then suddenly, the sun took a leave of absence and it rained the whole of yesterday - and most of today. I was in the kitchen wif Michael and we both looked out of the window onto the deserted green area, all wet and wif puddles. He looked in dismay while i enjoyed the sight!

Dun get me wrong - i enjoyed the sun as much as everyone else did. It was nice - i actually went out in shorts and sandals - yeah, had to wipe the dust off me trusty Tevas and wore them proudly out. It was lovely. The sun was hot but the breeze was cool - not cold, just nice.

But people who know me well know i'm a rain kinda person. It would rain for days back when i ws in London - and i would love it! Call me crazy but i like the feel of the rain on my face, the rain drops falling on me head, walking in puddles. Coupled wif the fact that i love the dark and moody weather and can't stand the heat, no wonder i'm pleased wif the rain!

It won't last. Spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner. But for now, lemme enjoy the rain!

p/s - another interesting thing happenned this week was that i was early for church. SUPER early!!!! For some reason, i thought service starts at 6 pm - even tho for the past few months, i've been attending the service at 6:30 pm!!!!! It's funny cuz i was thinking of not going - tummy din feel too well and feet stil ache from me London trip on Friday (yeah, missed the train again and walked over an hour to get back here - reached at 1:30 am!!!! All because of a supper of char siew ngap meen!) - and in the end, i was the earliest!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?