Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Rainy days and Mondays - The Carpenters

I was tempted to name this post "Ironic". After all, we have been having such a dry spell lately. There is a drought alert in this part of the UK. When i was at me fren's place in London last week, he apologised for not flushing his toilet cuz of the drought situation. The past couple of weeks also saw some of the hottest weather this year!

But when Monday came, the heavens opened and it rained - all day long was the forecast. It wasn't wrong.

Monday happened to be the first day of the Wimbledon Tennis Championship!!!!! How ironic.

When i woke up Monday morn, it was so hard to get up and out of me duvet. It has been so long since i could sleep while it rained outside - one of life's underrated pleasures! :-)

But i knew i had to go to London. I knew if i stayed here, it would be another day of just blogging, jamming on the guitar, watching footie and watching TV series. So i dragged meself out of bed and went to London i did!

It was nice, tho. Reminds me of the London i used to know - wet, gloomy, moody, not that many people.

Well, gloomy weather + first work day of the week = feeling down? Not for me, actually. Me love the rain and the moody weather! And for a person who has not been working a full day for like... so long, the fact that it was Monday could not get me down!

I was feeling down, tho - but tt's for other reasons.

Still, the high point that day was that i managed to study. It was a great massive struggle, tho. It's like me brain refuses to study anymore! Either it has been at rest too long since me exams last month or it has been too overworked for the past 8 months that it is holding a boycot.

It was worrying at first - i struggled to keep me eyes opened and me mind focussed. Mind you, this is interesting stuffs! i enjoy studying this. But wat an uphill climb. When i stopped for a break and pulled out Archer from me bag, i was wide awake again, i was in the States, in Korea, in Rome etc. But once i turned back to me studies, Mr. Sandman comes again.

Still, i was thankful - i plodded on and it became a lil easier. The materials i found at the LSE Library are really good - unfortunately, they dun let me take books out. All in all, 4 hours of studying and many many pages of good notes. Not bad for my first attempt at returning to study! :-)

So off again to London today i will go. Hoping for an even more fruitful study session. And i plan to drop by Wimbledon tomorrow... spending the nite at London. No footie matches these 2 days anyways! Gonna start work on campus on Friday, tho.

Anyways, here are 3 good reasons why you should watch Wimbledon:-


Pics obtained from the Wimbledon website

They are showing the games live on BBC Online - streaming video!!!!! Another reason why i have to get out of me room. I did manage to catch Ai Sugiyama today - she's really good, altho the Brit teen gave her a good fight. But Ai upped her game in the last few games and won it! Cool! I enjoy watching people like Hingis and Sugiyama play - they depend on skills and brains instead of brute power.

Oh, oh, did u guys see Federer in his cool suit? That was interesting!!!

Comments:
Yah, try and get tix for wimbledon if they're still available! Strawberries & cream...you gotta do it.
 
couldn't afford the strawberries and cream. will explain when i blog bout it! :-)

the pix are up tho. check them out in me Loitering in London blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?