Sunday, October 01, 2006

Someone to watch over me - Renee Olstead

Today was the Church anniversary service. How apt - since it's also the anniversary of me coming over here. Yeah, 1 year ago today was when i left home to come here.

In his sharing, the guest preacher referred to an old Gershwin song - "Someone to watch over me". And again, i found that it was so relevant for me too.

As i walk around campus today, seeing all the new students move in, i'm transported back to one year ago when i was one of them. Time really flies, doesn't it?

And looking back, i was moved to tears as on hindsight, i could see so so clearly how i had someone to watch over me, every step of the way. Jesus was doing that. Whether thru the dark days or sunny ones, whether when i was worshiping him faithfully or sinning, he was watching over me.

And more than that, he was watching over me loved ones who were and still are so far away.

The autumn leaves have oredi started falling, just like it did last October, just like how it will next October. And just as sure as the autumn leaves falling next October, i'm equally sure that until then, he will still be watching over me.


Days of darkness still come o'er me
Sorrow's paths I often tread
But the Saviour still is with me
By His hand I'm safely led
Francis Rawley

Pic taken in Bute Park, Cardiff (Autumn 2006)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?