Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Weather with you - Crowded House

The weather has been brilliant! Cold but sunny! It has been dry too. No rain which is surprising. Oops… I hope I din curse the whole Uni by saying that. It’ll prolly rain non-stop for the rest of the autumn after I said that!!!

It’s just nice for me. On Monday, I went out only in me short sleeve t-shirt. It was cold but as you walk further, your body warms up.

So no more sweating in the heat and humidity! I sweat from all the walking, tho. It does get a lil chilly in the evening and nites. That’s when my ears and cheeks get really cold. But I still get on wif just a simple windbreaker over my t-shirt – you know, the cheap wind-breakers you get from Giant or Carrefour back home for around RM15!!! The small irony is that I bought the windbreaker for me trip to East M’sia a couple of months ago but it just stayed rolled up in me haversack. Now I’m using it all the time!

During my walk back from town on Monday nite, I put the thin hood to provide some cover for me ears. I wore me cap over the hood. It was funny cuz when I looked down on my shadow, it looked like Darth Vader!!!! Really! I tried to take a pic of it but forgot about the flash – which erased off the shadow immediately!

There are notices up warning us against leaving our windows opened as there are gales forecasted to take place. So far, so good.

Me lips are cracking tho. I’m using the same lip gloss which me sis bought for me to bring to the UK in 1993!!!! These things dun have an expiry date, do they??? Anyways, I wonder how long I’ll bother. The last time I was here in the UK, I used the lip gloss and body lotion only for the first few weeks. Then I just got too lazy and let my lips and skin crack-up and suffer in silence. That explains why I still have the same lip gloss!!!!

It was bright and sunny today. It got quite hot in me room (hot as compared to the pass few days). I had to walk to the Sports Center to register. I decided against bringing out a jacket and went out in me short sleeve tee again. I was the only one doing that!!! And I regretted it the moment I reached the entrance of the center – the queues were so so long that we had to start waiting OUTSIDE the center. I stood there, waiting, freezing, praying I won’t fall sick. Occasionally, the sun came out and I welcomed it! Sigh… British weather.

Oh, now I have to “warm-up” in my room before venturing out. The other day, I was happily bounding up the stairs from Square 3 to Square 4 when I suffered cramps!!! Not enuf salt? Too cold?

Well, it can only get colder and I guess that’s better than the heat and humidity back home! At least here, I can wrap myself up and snuggle under me duvet wif the radiator on full!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?