Monday, November 28, 2005

Don't forget to remember - Bee Gees

As per me usual ritual, I turned on me laptop when I woke this morning (ok, ok, not morning since it past 12 noon oredi) to check me mail.

I couldn't believe it!!!!!! Another reminder from the library!!!!!!! Another book overdue!!!!!

What the...???

I've lost count the number of times this has happenned. 3 or 4?

It really gets to me cuz all the times when the book was overdue, it was just sitting on me shelf collecting dust - not that I needed to use it.

I guess the fact that as a post-graduate, I get to take out not one, not 5, not 10 but EIGHTEEN (18) books does not help at all - eventho I was drooling wif joy when I first found out. It meant that I take out books that I dun really need and I forget to keep track on the due dates of the books. Some are 3 days loan books, some 7 days, some til the end of term and some overnight.

It hurts - more for my pocket cuz a day overdue meant that I get fined 30 pence. That's around RM2!!!!!

Aarrgghhhh!!!! I go round town comparing prices before buying things just to save perhaps the odd 10 or 20 p. And I throw away 30 p wif me forgetfulness.

Signs of old age?

Sigh.... the good news (totally unrelated) is that last Sunday, for the first time since I got here, I was not only on time for the Breaking of Bread service, I was early! Let's hope it won't be the first and the last...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?