Friday, November 25, 2005

Winter wonderland - Jewel

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!

Well, it was...

It snowed, then it rained, then it snowed, then it rained...

My first "encounter" was in me room after I did me laundry and was sorting out me clothes.Then I saw from me room window the unmistakable sight of snowflakes wafting down from the heavens. It was around 3 pm and I had gone for more than 24 hours without any sleep. But it was no dream! However, as quickly as it came, it left.

Then, I was walking back from the library at bout 10 pm (no, not studying - returning a book and reading the papers), when I looked up and it was snow! It was an exhilarating experience. I had always loved just looking up and see the snow flakes appear like magic out of nowhere and float haphazardly down onto me face, each snowflake evoking a tingling sense of cold and excitement when it makes contact wif me skin.

But again, by the time I reached me flats, it ws rain again.

Then after dinner, there it was! And this time, it was heavy and the snowflakes were huge!!!! I told Michael that this is it - Im going out into the snow! He thought me to be crazy!!! But he nodded understandingly when I said that it has been more than 10 years since I've seen snow fall!

On the way down, I bumped into some chinese girls who were excited bout the the snow. But by the time I got down, again, it was like a mixture of rain and tiny flakes - mainly rain. :-(

Yeah, so no winter wonderland here in Colchester. This morning, there was bright sunshine while it was snowing in other parts of the UK (check out the pics here).

Patience... it's still early winter. Hopefully, I'll wake up to a winter wonderland?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?