Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Under pressure - Queen

"Except that when i get to doing what i have to do; i have the tendency to panic, sweat, my heartbeat rate increases..."

That's wat one of me mates posted on her blog recently.

That statement struck me for 2 reasons:-

1. I never knew that about her!!!

2. Hey, she just described me!

Yup, tt's me. I get worked up (i.e. panic attacks!) over very small things. I guess this has to do wif 2 things about me - I'm a born worrier (perhaps bordering on paranoia at times) and I procrastinate (which causes me to worry more!).

Yet, having said all that, I must say oso that I work well under pressure!!!! (Perhaps, it's becuz I only work when I'm under pressure???)

Take for example a couple of weeks ago. I set meself a target that by Sunday that week, I'd come out wif an outline for the foundation essay that I have to do.

The problem was that come Sunday nite, after another one of our "midnite meal" sessions, we (Michael, Yuki, Alberto & me) just sat around chatting away. Before we knew it, it was around 3 am!!!!

By the time I got back to me room, cleaned-up, had me shower, it was pretty late and I was dropping off to sleep. But I made meself sit in front of the laptop and typed out an outline - which I did in less than 10 minutes - and which I must say impressed even meself!!!!!

*beams wif pride*

The problem is that that was the last piece of work til now that I had done regarding me foundation essay. The essay is due this Friday and I haven't started doing it yet. It did not help when I discovered that the length of the essay is "not more than 2,500 words" instead of "not more than 6,000 words" which I thought it was initially!

On top of it all, this foundation essay DOES NOT COUNT AT ALL for my Masters degree. It will not be taken into account - not even 1% of me overall mark!

Now how can one find the motivation to do such an essay?

Still, it is a requirement that I must DO it.

Michael gave me some sort of pressure last nite when he looked genuinely worried and said it was difficult to do a 2,500 word essay in 2 days!

But it din help this morning when I discovered that 2,500 words is only 5 pages on a normal Word document! A mere 5 pages!!!!!!! Look at me posts below - I can blog for 5 pages easily! ;-P

So here I am, wif Wednesday almost half gone. Instead of starting me essay, I'm blogging. Last nite, I was watching a few episodes of 24.

I was telling Michael that if I finish it by Thursday, I'll prolly go watch Harry Potter on Friday. He said he doubts it and that I'll prolly only hand in me essay at 3:55 pm on Friday (5 mins before the dateline at 4 pm!). This is coming from someone who has known me for less than 2 months!

Oh well.... Nope, I dun feel the presssure yet. But I'll start soon. No worries. I work well under pressure (ok, ok that sounds like an excuse for procrastination but lemme live in my fantasy... for another few more minutes, at least!).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?