Friday, March 31, 2006

If it makes you happy - Sheryl Crow

There are some things that makes me happy! Reading a good book is one. Having an excellent meal is another. Buying nice stuffs is definitely (i spelt that right, KC!) on the list. Taking loads of pics is there too. Going to London never fails to cheer me up.

So it was really good when i managed to do all those things above yesterday! :-)

I was really looking forward to me "siew yoke ngap farn" at Wong Kei - yeah, the notoriously famous Hongkie restaurant. Even recommended by Lonely Planet. Still, to be fair to them, i've not encountered any rudeness (yeah, tt's wat they were famous for in the past) in my contless times there this time round. Dun expect them to treat you like their best frens, tho.

Still, it has the cheapest siew yoke ngap farn in town - and it's got quality (i've eaten more expensive and not as good) too as well as quantity! You oso get a free pot of chinese tea - lovely in the cold weather. Oh, if u are travelling on yr own, they have a section just for you - so u dun take up one whole table to yrselves and worry about being kicked out.

As usual, i got so caught up wif me meal that i din take any pics! Yup, it's that good! :-)~

Then for dinner, i decided to try out the famous Misato - just down the road from Wong Kei. Another place famous for its value for money deals. Frens have told me that they all have trouble finishing their meals. So i went there wif another mate.

As warned, there was a long queue outside when we got there at about half six. On a Thursday nite! But the wait was worth it! We both had the salmon bento set - me had the salt-grilled salmon while me mate had the teriyaki sauce salmon.

What can i say - the pic speaks for it self. It was good. Really good - altho mine was a lil dry (i like gravy/sauce wif me rice usually). But it was satisfying. The green tea (which was not green in colour) was nice too. On top of that, we had this really sweet Jap girl as out waitress. Sigh...... :-) Posted by Picasa

But i din have any problems finishing me food!

Oh, i oso bought meself a new coat - for 15 quid. That's me at the Science Museum wif me new coat - yeah, at first blush, it may look like me old one - but this is shorter - above me knees, and a much nicer fit. It is oso a much darker grey.

I just couldn't believe how good it looked on me when i tried it on! I was tempted to get another jacket which was all velcro!!!! It was like a pullover and instead of buttons or zip at the front top, it was velcro! For the sleeves, you adjust the wrist size using velcro. It had this huge kangaroo-pouch-like pocket on the front - yeah, it's flap is fastened on by velcro too!!!!! But it costs 20 quid!

I'm happy wif me new coat - and will be wearing it to Paris so u'll prolly get to see more of it next week!

Pics - took loads of pics and have updated me "Loitering in London" photoblog. You can view me pics here, here, here, here and here.

Oh, while waiting for me mate and for the train, as well as on the train, i started on a new book - "The Broker" by Grisham!! :-) Man, he's good. I'll be blogging more bout this another time.

So i got home pretty happy - but totally exhausted (partly due to the 4 hour walk i had the day before) and almost sick too! I slept all the way til 4:30 pm today!!!!! That's close to 15 hours of sleep!!!!! Thank God i feel ok now. Would really suck if i fell sick before me trip to Paris nx week! Posted by Picasa

Comments:
ive eaten at Wong Kei and Misato too!!....i miss London!!...arrrgh!!!!sniff sniff...its strange how u miss home wen ur away, then miss being away once ur home....sigh.....u tcare buddy
 
dude i just remembered an awsome eatery!....its got very good Korean food and the best service!...

Ran
58-59 Great Marlborough Street

Nearest tube: Oxford Circus
Area: Soho

Have a good one bro!...CHeers!
 
okie. will definitely check it out - as long as the meals are under 10 quid!!!

yeah, i know wat u mean - i miss home now but i'm certain that once i get back, i'll miss this place!

take care - nice to hear from u again! :-)
 
umm... the meals are more than 10 quid...bout 20-30 quid depending on what u order....think of it as fine dining, Korean style....with loadsa hot korean laydees pampering u...they literally cook and serve u...i swear of u opened ur mouth big enough, they'd feed u like a newborn chick...haha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?