Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The way we were - Barbra Streisand

It's 5:12 am and it is bright oredi. I just had me shower and i'm having a hot drink before i go to sleep.

This is the latest i'm going to sleep since the start of this term. I've been trying to sleep early and wake up early - and it has been a losing battle. These past few weeks have been like a long period of jet-lag for me.

The reason is because according to the handbook given to us at the start of the academic year, my exams scheduled on the 19th of this month is starting at 10 am!!!!! My brain has been always sleeping at that time of the day. So i had to "train" it to wake up and be fresh for me to sit thru the 3 hour 15 mins exam!

It has been difficult. I just can't seem to study in the day time. Too much noise outside, too many distractions everywhere i go. On top of that, it has been rather warm in the day time - especially here on the 11th floor where one window takes in the morning sun while the other the evening sun!

For as far as i can remember, i've always studied in the early hours of the morning. It's just too hot back in Malaysia to study in the day time. At around 2 am, it gets cool and just nice to study (back in those days, we din have air-cond at home). I grew to enjoy the quietness and solitude of those times.

For more "nite pics", go here

And staring today, i'm going back to the way things were - staying up late to study and sleeping when the day starts for the rest here! "But, but what about your exams" you may ask. Well, i got the official confirmation yesterday - my exams are scheduled at 2 pm!!!!!! Woohoo!

So i'm back to me usual routine - and it was pretty easy! I must say that i have the most fruitful study session for the past couple of weeks! A good sign since i've got like only 10 days left!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?