Thursday, August 03, 2006

Don't you forget about me - Simple Minds

Aliz left the other day. The other flatmate who had left is Alberto, our Italian mate. He shud be glad that he has left a lasting impression - especially on me!

Today, i was serving a group of Italian students. Living wif Alberto here for 6 months, i've learnt that the Italians normally emphasise the 2nd but last syllable. So for example, when you say me flatmate's name, you emphasise the "ber", dragging it slightly.

Anyways, we were serving lasagne or risotto. There was this Italian girl who couldn't speak English. So i just pointed to the food and said in my best Italian accent, "lasagne, risotto", emphasising and dragging the "sag" and "sot". Her fren reacted in surprise, asking me if i was Italian!!!! LOL!

Maybe he saw me doing the "What the...???" gesture earlier (see pic on the right)! ;-P

NOTE: To those who watched Russell Peters, no, this gesture is not what he said it is!!!!! I've confirmed it wif a true Italian. Yes, it can mean what Russell said it meant, but it's generally used to ask "What is it?" or "What is going on?"

You can oso see it being used by Italian football players - who are no doubt using it in the Russell Peters meaning!!!!!


Ah, Alberto has left his legacy here! He would have been proud! :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?