Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The time of my life - Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes

It's August! I have less than 2 months left before i say goodbye to... my world as it is!!!!!

I'll be saying goodbye to me flatmates, to Colchester (no big regret there, tho), to the Uni of Essex, to all me mates who'll be returning to their own respective countries, to student life... i'll even say goodbye to this blog!!!! Yeah, I won't be in Rayleigh Tower anymore - so no more Rambling in Rayleigh*!!!

It hit me just as Aliz left yesterday (see previous post).

It kinda got me down. The summer has been absolutely brilliant!!!!! It really took a while for things to "happen" for me here - and it did. And i'm having the time of me life! I just wish it won't end - but that's life. And i just have to grow up and get on wif life.

I'm really gonna miss the summer time i had here - truly thank God for an awesome time!

The other day, one of the manager, the least liked among all - actually, the only one not liked at all - tried to "punish" Kevin and me (well, we were hanging around chatting - but that was cuz there was nothing to do! We completed all our tasks and things were cool!) and got us to peel a whole bag of potatoes!!!! But we ended up having such a great time!!!! We were in the kitchen wif the radio blasting out loud and we were just chatting all the time. Kathy walked past and gave me a nudge and said "Hi", Prafull came over and fooled around wif us for a while, Sen conspired wif Kevin for a ciggie break later, Danny the cook joined us in our conversation off and on while he prepared lunch.

Then, Bryan Adams' Summer of '69 came on and Kevin and i started singing along wif it. Danny laughed - he said "The best days of your lives - peeling spuds!"

I replied, "Yeah, the Summer of '06 - the best days of our lives"! :-)

Even that manager later conceded that "They looked like they enjoyed it, didn't they?"

We did! :-)

Man we were killin' time
We were young and restless
We needed to unwind
I guess nothin' can last forever - forever, no

Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

*Of course a bloggerholic like me will be back - but it'll be a WordPress Blog. Look out for "The Movie in My Mind" come October 2006!!!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?