Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The circle of life - Elton John

It's my 366th day in the UK now - but who's counting? ;-P

I must say that i'm coping better than expected. I'm happily living vicariously off me mate's Phd life by staying in his flat and meeting his flatmates - while he is out of the country. I kinda envy him cuz so far, his new flatmates(whom he has not met yet) are really nice! On top of that, there's this girl from Guangdong - and she speaks Cantonese!!!!! I can't expain how wonderful it is to hang out in the kitchen and chat in Cantonese with someone! :-) Just the other day, i bumped into a fren of an ex-flatmate who is also from Guangdong and we chatted in Canto for a while. It has been so long since i've called someone "lang looi" and she called me "lang chai" in return!

I dun know if it's my imagination but there seem to be many more people speaking in Cantonese among the freshers.

Yup, the new year has started. The freshies are here. It's noisy all nite long. Drunk undergrads roam the grounds in the wee hours of the morning. The other nite, the security guard came to our flat accompanied by a police officer. Apparently, there was a report of a stabbing in the North Towers but no other details - so the poor fellas were going to every floor, in every tower!

Still, i can feel the excitement the in air. And i cant help but envy them. A new year, new frens, new experiences.

I was thinking of all me mates i've made since i got here. I miss them. But i have to admit that seeing life goes on helps me to move on too. That was another lifetime - a brilliant one, but one that has ended. And even tho most of them are so far away, i keep them close to me everyday - and for some, every minute of the day. They may not be around here physically, but they are never gone.

Never Gone


Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are
Always close
Everyday
Every step along the way
Even though for now we've gotta say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life
Never gone

Labels: ,


Comments:
enjoy listening to the cute (or sexy as some claim) brits accent while you still can cause you're gonna miss it too if you're coming back :)

-ye
 
oh, i'm so gonna miss that! during me undergrad days, i had a crush on a lecturer cuz of her brit accent!!!

wish i could go back wif a brit accent - but i've been mixing around wif so many people from all over the world that my accent is quite a "rojak" - cockney, american, greek, chinese, indian, italian, hungarian...
 
if brit accent is the sole factor, my! how many crushes did you have there..

-ye
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?