Tuesday, October 04, 2005

How am I supposed to live without you? - Michael Bolton

It’s been more than 3 days since I’ve gone online.

Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so lost, so out of it. Without a radio (I was planning to listen to radio online so I din bring one), I was news-starved. I din even know the results of the Liverpool game last weekend – until I took a peek at this old man’s newspaper while waiting in line at Tesco on Monday!!!

No weather updates so I dun know if I shud prepare for rain or hail or snow(?)!

The worst thing is that I feel so cut out from the lives of me mates – no e-mails, no blog comments, no blog updates. Text messages back home costs RM2 per text so I’m being quite miserly about it.

Internet connection is available only after registration – which was today! So I waited patiently… only to find out that there are 2 halls of residence which are facing problems – yup, Rayleigh Tower is one of the 2!

I had to go to a computer lab to register my computer and I’m told that it’ll be only at lunch time tomorrow, latest that I’ll finally get online in me room!

But I finally did spend some time surfing at the computer lab now that I had my login name and password (given during registration).


Surfing all by meself! Posted by Picasa

The labs are quite cool – I went to Lab A which was newly refurbished (there are 14 labs all-together!). All the computers have a large flat screen monitor – 17 inch? It could be bigger! And I finally understand wat KC complained about when he talked of the “back-button” on the mouse he uses. I hit that a few times oso, KC. Irritating. Some keys on the keyboard are different!!! I have to pay for everything I print.

Being in there reminded me of the comp labs at UEL. Sigh… memories…

Well, me sis e-mailed, along wif many others! :-) I read that Liverpool din play that badly and that the scoreline last Sunday did not reflect the match at all. There were a couple of blog comments left on me blog. Caught up wif me mates’ lives by reading their blogs – and leaving one or 2 comments meself.

But no, me din update me blog nor did I sent out any e-mails. I wanna do that all in the privacy of me room. And I will do that soon! Hoping that the network connection to me room will be OK tomorrow. If not, there’re still the labs to go to!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?