Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A thousand miles - Vanessa Carlton

Me mate had advised me before coming here - get busy when I reach here. That's the only way I can get over missing me frens and family.

I dun know if his advise was good or not but I'm really thankful that the issue of homesickness never really bothered me. Sure, there were times when I missed my family - and I felt sad when I thought of me nephew. Then there were times when things back home weren't too good and I could really feel the thousand miles which separated me from them.

But otherwise, I have been fine. I was chatting wif me aforesaid mate yesterday and we were reminising the good old times when we would go for supper behind his house. He was glad to hear that I've settled well and all previous fears were unfounded.

The Bible has a verse which says "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!" (1 Cor 10:12).

I was hit by homesickness last nite.

I was about to log off and go to bed when I suddenly saw me sis online. I chatted online wif here for a while and she turned on the webcam at home. Then she called me mom. And for the first time in one month, I saw me mom again!

I miss my mom so much. :~(

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?