Saturday, October 29, 2005

Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

I did it. I bought a guitar. After looking around for close to 4 weeks, I finaly made the decision to invest on a 50 quid guitar!

50 quid???? Yup - that's like RM350!

And it's a Ridgewood guitar.

A wat???

Trust me. I have been searching hard for a reasonably priced guitar. I checked out e-bay, watched a few items there, went to Cash Converters, checked out all the music shops in town. The Ridgewood guitar is the best in value.

Actually, I decided to buy it last week. But when I went to town on Sunday, the shop was closed. So I had a few more days to ponder over it. It strengthened my decision.

So I went yesterday... I mean Thursday. It was a good thing as Thursday was bright and sunny. I had to carry it by hand all the way back from town (40 mins walk).

I played on it when I got back until my fingers hurt so badly that I had to stop! :-)

It's pretty good. Really! Ridgewood is the brand of guitar that this shop makes for its own. Their own brand and they liken it to be as good as the branded ones - except the price is lower. I believe them I really like the feel of it (altho me mate Markus din like it).

To see pics of me guitar, go here.

The funny thing was that I was thinking all along the way hom wat song I shud play on it when I get back - the very first song played on it? I decided on "Betapa Hatiku" (see here for the song).

So when I got home, I took it out, felt it all over, enjoyed the smell of it and started strumming a G chord. As I started playing, I realised that I was not playing "Betapa Hatiku"!!!! I was unknowingly playing "Kau yang terindah"!!!

I thought it was an apt song - to remind meself that no matter how beautiful the guitar is, no matter how lovely this place is, at the end of the day, only God who is the most beautiful of all!

Oh, - "Kau yang terindah" is "You are the most beautiful" in the Malay language.

Kau yang terindah, dalam hidup ini
Tiada Allah Tuhan yang seperti engkau
Besar perkasa, penuh kemuliaannya

Kau yang termanis, dalam hidup ini
Kucinta kau lebih dari s’galanya
Besar kasih setia kepadaku

Kusembah kau, ya, Tuhanku
Kutinggikan namamu selalu
Tiada lutut tak bertelut
Menyembah Yesus Tuhan rajaku

Kusembah kau, ya, Tuhanku
Kutinggikan namamu selalu
Setiap lidah, kan mengaku
Engkaulah Yesus Tuhan rajaku.

(Loose translation into English:-

You are the most beautiful, in this life
No other god is like you
Strong and powerful, highly exalted

You are the sweetest, in this life
I love you more than anything else
How great is your love and faithfulness to me

I worship you, my God,
I lift up your name all the time
Every knee will bend
And worship Jesus, my Lord and King

I worship you, my God
I lift up your name all the time
Every tongue will confess
That you are Jesus, my Lord and my King!)

p/s - I need some feedback. Thanks to Krissy's fren, I have decided to name me guitar. Initially, I wanted to name her "Holly". After all, Holly is a red-head (i know another red-head but i dun think she wans me to name me guitar after her!!!) and me guitar is red in colour. But would it be disrespectful to her memory?

Comments:
greetings.

i was looking for the chords for "kau yang terindah" online until i reached your blog. can you possibly email me the chords? haha.. i know it starts with G and then D etc. i lazy to slowly put in.. if you dont mind? grins.

email: mkchee@ilovejesus.net

continue shining for Jesus! Indeed, His beauty is beyond description! cheers
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?