Friday, October 28, 2005

Caling occupants of interplanetary craft - The Carpenters

Dun you feel that sumtimes, when you talk to a person of the opposite sex (read: female), it is as if you are talking to a person from another planet???

Like hello???? On earth, we mean so and so! Not wat you think you heard! And no, I am not talking about chalk, I'm talking about cheese!

Sheesh....

I was complaining to me mates about this in an e-mail sent out this morning. I decided to post it up here.

...did i tell you guys that she (this ex-colleague of mine) got a holiday/working visa to come here? she wanted to go to london where her fren is. so she had been asking me out b4 i left to talk to me about the situation in london - esp after the 7/7 incident.

ok - i tell her to go!

now she calls me up, tells me she wants to quit her job immediately and come! and that she cant contact her fren in london.

so guess wat? she WANTS ME TO LOOK FOR A JOB FOR HER AND GET A PLACE FOR HER TO STAY!!!!

WAT THE......???????

i told her nicely tat:-

1. i'm actualy quite a distance form london (took me 2 hours to reach here from heathrow by direct bus).
2. i'm on campus which is FAR from the town centre here
3. the town here is a small town

surely she doesn't want to come to the UK and work in colchester!!!!

she said she dun mind!!!!!

then i told of the difficulty of finding a place for her to stay and a job. i mean - surely i cant decide for her? she must see the place for herself etc. and as for a job, how am i gonna find a job for her? she will have to see if she likes the place, the boss, and the boss would like to see her!

when i told her that, she asked "wat kind of job?"

i replied - i wouldn't know!!! the only way i would know is if i travelled all the way into town (40 mins walk) and check for her!!!!!

she replied - "thanks"!!!!!!

wha....????? no, no, no, i wasn't offering to.... sigh...

and then this morning, like 6 sumthing, she called me - she got her fren's mobile number in london and asked me to call him. i was half asleep so i said ok. when i woke up just now, i was wondering - she could call me but yet, why doesn't she call her fren directly??????

sigh... again!

the only good thing about the whole thing is that i wil have an excuse to talk to the nice girl in room 1 (from china) as she is working in a restaurant in town!

OK, OK, (must do something for self-preservation purposes) not all women are weird. The crazy ones aren't!!!!

Muahahahahaha!!!!!!

OK - seriously! I have some very good mates who are ladies wif whom I can talk to all the time and not feel like I'm talking to ET!

Comments:
Dont u start blaming females...
its not them that the aliens are trying to contact...
 
i knew you would have sumthing to say about this post!

women are so predictable! the nice ones, anyways!!!! ;-)
 
i knew u'd know...
kekeke
sexist! =p
 
i knew that u'd know that i'd know...

ok. stop. enuf!

*oink*
 
okay, heres the truth, its not that we dont get it.. its that we choose to ignore it. Like ok thanks! hahahahahahaha smart eh? watch out for em i tells ya! and why do you torture me this way! is not enough i read the story once!
 
aarrgghhh!!!! she just e-mailed me asking "...any news from the employer you wanna to ask for me?"

i never said that i had any employer in mind that i wanted to ask for her!!!

excuse me while i go knock my head on the wall...
 
Munster, this is called:

LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

What to do? Women don't spend loads to get NICE HAIR for nothing.

MuahaHAhAhahaa...
 
UPDATE: she finally got the message after a long, tactful but to the point email from me (which was followed by days of silence).

she mailed me the other day saying she found another fren who'll help her and that perhaps we shud meet up when she's here.

but after watching so many episodes of DH, i can't help but think that she could be scheming sumthing...

bad, bad me... :-P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?