Sunday, March 19, 2006

My guitar lies bleeding in my arms - Bon Jovi

Yeah, I have to admit that this post is partly inspired by one of Jon's latest posts - except that instead of a pic of me fingers, here's a pic of me!


Finally, my new profile pic!
Was contemplating if i shud post it in B&W or sepia - but decided to go for the original colours!
Posted by Picasa


I finally got up close to 3 pm - and for some reason, the first thing i did was to reach out and grab me - i must say very neglected these days - guitar! I started strumming and it felt real good. Had a "mini worship session" too. Ended up just jamming like mad. Fingers hurt even as i type on the keyboard now!

Playing the songs brings back wonderful memories! :-)

I recalled the good old days in school when after SU (the Christian fellowship in our school), we'd just hang around and jam wif the few kapok guitars, exchanging tricks and licks.

Of course there were those jamming sessions at the "Jam Studio" and "Black Widow"! There was the other time when we had a spontaneuos singing session at Marley Hall - it was difficult finding a song that me flatmates know and that i can play!!! But we had great fun!

Then, there were the times when i had to be the guitarist whenever we go into the Orang Asli villages - and as they were not familiar singing along wif music accompaniment, they could never start on the right key - and i had to play "catch-up" trying to figure which chord they are singing in. Yeah, at times, they'd be singing "in-between" keys and that would sound weird!

My guitar was oso the thing which endeared me to the kids initially at the Good News Club at Barking. The hyper active kids would actually sit down and watch me play the guitar - and would actually sing along too! Love those kids!

I could go on and on wif the memories - the camp jam sessions, the carolling fun, the time when i played till me fingers bled, the complaints i receive from me flatmates for palying the guitar at 3 am, the performances...

Markus was telling me excitedly the other day about how he had a wonderful time jamming during a weekend training thingy with the CF. He said he really missed that and it felt really good playing in a band.

Yeah, i really miss that. Playing the guitar alone in me room is great. But to jam wif people, in a band - how i miss that. When i attended me mates' church in Sheffield, i had to admit that i was a little envious that they have a full band every Sunday and one of them have an opportunity to play with them!

Just the other nite, i was listening to songs in me room and playing "air drums". Been more than 5 months since i touched any drumsticks...

Comments:
i can let you touch mine :)
actually i can book the drum set if you want to have a go. anytime next week.
 
touch your...???? OH!!!! drumsticks, you mean! ;-P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?