Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thank you - Dido

There has been many things to be thankful to God for. MANY!

God has indeed been VERY good - as usual, more than i deserve. Then again, i dun deserve anything!

I did 2 options last term. Earlier this week, we were told to collect our results for International Child Law. I was pretty confident of the results - until i received the e-mail telling us to collect it! All kinds of "What if..."s came to mind.

I was prolly the one of the last one to collect the results the next day - i only went when i woke up!!! The office was empty except for Maria, the head, and Hayley. Hayley saw me and came up to me. i told her i was there to collect my results for Child Law. She walked over to one corner to fetch my results, asking me for my name. I told her. She found it, turned around, and walked towards me. She glanced down at the front page and smiled.

I was like - that's a good sign, right? She's impressed wif me marks - or at least not shocked!

But maybe it was an evil smile! Maybe inside, she's laughing at my miserable marks! Maybe...


"There you go", she said, handing it over to me. I glanced down and saw lots of "6"s. I smiled, thanked her and went off.

Not too bad. For one question, i scored 66%. The other was 65%. So overall, i scored a 66% - a second upper!

Well, to be honest, i wasn't very happy! *hangs head in shame*

I mean, the comments din help much - "thorough review", "very comprehensive review", "clear", "very good knowledge of the issues", "a strong grasp of the issues", "well written"!!!! Then why no distinction, a voice was shouting out from the back of me mind????

Ungrateful creature, aren't i? I was afraid of not passing and when i got a 2:1, i wished i could have scored a 1st class - just 4 more marks!!!!


I should be thankful - and happy! Well, i am. I accept the fact that i'm a 2:1 student - have always been! And for Law, 2:1 is actually not too bad!

My other option was International Law of Armed Conflict. Now this i was truly worried. There were 3 questions - and altho i was pretty confident for 2 of them, it was the main question (with the most marks) that gave reason for concern. In the first place, i din even know if i had answered it correctly. Secondly, even if i did get the answer correct, i just din have enuf time to write it all down.

To be honest, this was prolly the toughest exam i have ever sat for in my life! Sure, STPM was tough - but that was because the syllabus was just too wide. Too much to cover in too little time. But for ILAC, that particular question was really challenging!!! Mind you, we were given the question 1 month beforehand and it was an open book exam of some sort.


Anyways, to cut the long story short, i just received an e-mail informing us that the papers are finally marked! The good news is that no one failed! Woohoo!!!!! Yes, yes!!!

The other good news - according to me lecturer - was that all of us have legible handwriting!!! Hahaha - altho she did say one was "a bit tricky". I can't help but wonder if that's me!! ;-)

No one scored a distiction (70% above).

But that dun matter much to me. At the end of the day, ILAC marks will only count for 7.5% of my overall mark! That means if i just made it i.e. scored a 50% for ILAC, it'll only count as 3.75% of my overall mark!!!!!!!!!! Still, if i din pass it, i may have to resit it!

So, yeah, i'm truly thankful.

p/s - i was oso offered a job! Yup, the interview earlier this week was succesful! i'll be staring on Saturday!

Thank you, Lord.

Comments:
Yippee!
 
Update - i scored a 2:1 for ILAC too. totally unexpected, totally undeserved.

Thank you, Lord! Again!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?