Saturday, June 17, 2006

I believe I can fly - R. Kelly

Not long after i woke up this morni... erm... afternoon, i heard the unmistakable sound of jet engines. I knew immediately wat they were and quickly swept the curtains aside, looking out for red colured jets, flying on the way to London. I saw them! :-)


The Red Arrows - pic obatined from their website here


I had read earlier in the week about the continuing celebrations of HRM The Queen's birthday today. And i really wanted to go to London to join in with the celebrations. After all, she will never turn 80 again! ;-P

To add to my interest, i read that the famed Red Arrows will be making a flypast!

I've always been in love wif planes - when younger, i would buy models after models of planes and spent hours fixing them up. I would buy books on planes (or just hang out at the nearby MPH bookstores browsing thru books on planes). No surprise that me dream back then was to be a pilot!

On National Days back home, when younger, we would watch the parade on TV and when the jets flew by, we would run out and see the same jets since we lived in the suburbs of KL.

In recent times, i have had the privillege to experience the fly-by of the MIG-29s. The first was during the opening ceremony of the very first F1 race in Malaysia at the spanking brand new multi-million ringgit circuit at Sepang. The MIG-29s literally blew me away! It was awesome. They flew by so low and the sound of the jet engines literaly shook the ground we were standing on. Car alarms went off all over the place. We were treated by a short show of flying skills. I had tears in me eyes!

The second occasion was after court late one morning, close to National Day. I was walking by the side of the Jalan Raja Courts (where the National Day parade takes place) and i heard them from afar. I knew it was them and i guessed they must have been making a practice run before the real day. I stopped on me tracks and spun around, looking up into the hot afternoon sky, trying to catch a glimpse of them.

Suddenly, they appeared. And man, were they flying low. The roar was deafening. Adrenaline rushed thru me as they flew by - again shaking the ground and triggering off the cheaper car alarms nearby!

So the thought of seeing the famed Red Arrows in action left me salivating at the prospect.

But as you can tell, i am now still in Rayleigh Tower, Colchester, away from central London. Today is after all Saturday, and the day i meet up online wif me "butt-dees" for our weekly round of games, jokes and catching up.

Oh, it only this morning that i found out that not only will the Red Arrows be making the flypast, the Eurofigher Typhoon fighter jets will also be involve in the flypast!

Posted by Picasa
Guys, i missing this for you all!!!!!!!
(Pic obtained from this website)

p/s - you can read about the Queen's birthday celebrations here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?