Thursday, August 10, 2006

Get the party started - Pink

Finally, i have started on me dissertation. It ain't much but after sitting in the computer section of the reading room for almost 2 hours, i have completed the introduction - which was slightly above 1,000 words. Now i have only 19,000 more to go...

It wasn't very good but it's a start! A draft - the first of many to come. I'm just thankful i managed to overcome the "inertia" and stopped procrastinating.

I've also started to stay up late again. I can't help it. I guess i do me work best at nite - or when it is dark. Less distraction and noise. Further, i dun have to worry the heat of the day - altho the weather has been brilliant, lately. Yup, i'm nocturnal again!

Let's hope i can keep this up.

Work is supposed to end by this week. When they asked us if we dun want to work anymore after this week, we kept quiet. All of us Masters' students know that we shud start doing our dissertation - which has been neglected due to work. But at the same time, we want the money!

Teddy agreed wif me when i said that dun mind getting extra hours next week so that i can earn some more cash - but i'm not gonna be disappointed if i dun get any.

As it is, the rota came out last evening and we do have hours next week!

With other distractions present, the road leading to the end of the dissertation looks long, lonely and windy.

It din help when my supervisor finally got back to me on me outline and bibliography and he was generally pleased wif me progress!!!! I was hoping that he'd scold me and push me.


At least i have hard working flatmates!

Oh well... the journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step.

I've taken mine, thank God.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?