Wednesday, August 09, 2006

When will I see you again? - 3 Degrees

Just got back from London. Totally exhausted - but absolutely happy! :-)

The weather today... well, yesterday, was excellent! It was cold but the sun was out! I managed to buy what i wanted to (more about this in another post). The siew yoke ngap farn at Wong Kei was to die for!

But what really made my day was being able to catch up wif some of me mates whom i havent seen for a while. 2 was planned, one was spontaneous and the last one was accidental!

I met up wif an ex-colleague for dinner. It was nice to chat and catch up over kebab - and i had a chance to speak in cantonese - man, i'm really out of practise!!!!

Later, i met up wif Tom, one of me ex-flatmates who is now "interning" in London. If you have been reading my blog since the beginning of time, u'd know that Tom was my "dinner-kaki" - in the past, we'd met up almost every nite close to midnite, cook and eat our dinner.

We had a beer just now and then he took me around to show me the area where he worked. It was really nice to see him again. We made plans for him to come over to Essex for a visit during the Bank Holiday weekend end of this month. That will surely be fun!

Earlier, as i was walking around in London, i decided to call up a mate in Malaysia. She could be coming over here to work. We had a nice chat as i walked from Oxford Street to Leicester Square. Really, really hope she will come over!

Finally, as i walked home just now, i bumped into a fellow M'sian who was on her way home after work at campus. It was getting pretty cold, actually, and i was in me shorts and sandals. But we stood by the sideway and chatted. Even the light drizzle did not deter us! We even made plans to climb up Mount Kinabalu - if we ever end up in Malaysia at the same time in the near future!!!!! We had to end our conversation as it was oredi "morning"! It was then that i realised how cold i was!!!!

It was really really nice, the time spent wif the 4 of them. The past was reminisced, the present was talked about, the future was shared. Serious issues like life-changing plans were brought up - as were some not-so-important stuffs like how me mate knows the new Miss Malaysia personally!!!! IMHO, the depths of frenships can be measured in 2 ways by the things that are talked about - either by how personal, important and serious the subject is, or how trivial and even frivolous it is! I'm sure most would agree with the former. The latter? It's only wif really good mates that you feel unihibited to talk about anything and everything.

Somehow, blogging bout it now sounds pretty uninteresting - nothing exciting or mind-blowing. Yet, i know i'll have that nice satisfied warm feeling as i wrap meself under me duvet later and sleep. Yeah, i treasure me mates very much!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?