Thursday, August 10, 2006

You are everything - The Sylistics

Came across this interesting clip recently. i missed it back then cuz i wasn't a big fan of M'sian Idol.

I really, really, really like this song! It's in the Malay language and translated, it means "You are everything". It's originally sung by the brilliant Ruth Sahayana.

Malaysian Idol 1 - Lee Kar Wei


Here are the lyrics:-

Mungkin hanya Tuhan
Yang tahu segalanya
Apa yang ku inginkan
Di saat-saat ini

Kau tak 'kan percaya
Kau selalu di hati
Haruskah ku menangis
Untuk mengatakan yang sesungguhnya

Kaulah segalanya untuk ku
Kaulah curahan hati ini
Tak mungkin ku melupakan mu
Tiada lagi yang ku harap
Hanya kau seorang

I was gonna do a translation here until i came to "Kaulah curahan hati ini". How do i translate that? Help, people back home!

ADDENDUM (12/8/06, 12:27 pm)

OK. i figured out the translation, thanks to a visit to the Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka website! Cool-eh? Here is the full translation (not a direct translation, more of a paraphrased one):-

Maybe only God knows everything - what I want at this very moment
You may not believe it, but you are always in my heart
Do I have to cry to show that I really mean it when I say

You are everything for me
My heart goes out only to you
It will not be possible to forget you
There is none I hope in, none but you.

Comments:
You are the outflow of my heart(?)
 
hahaha. nice try. except if u wanna do a direct translation, it should be "You are the outflow of my LIVER"!!!!!

sigh, no malaysians helping me out here???? i mean, no other malaysians?
 
Outflow of the heart sounds more poetic. Haha....

Well, the only malaysian helping you out has proven her true identity by fluently speaking and knowing the malay (or somewhat indon) language.

;p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?