Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Push - Matchbox 20

I survived today! Thank God.

I had to pay the price for slacking off during the weekend. Man, it was major slacking off! It started after class on Friday at 1 pm and I basically din study at all til... yesterday! To put it simply, I got Lost last weekend!

I had loads to read - so wat's new? But on Monday, I had 5 hours of lectures straight! So that meant that it was gonna be "thung siew". Stay up all nite long!

And I did. Almost. I did have a 2 hour nap at 3 am. And then a 20 minute nap from 7:40 am to 8. It was not a good nite to stay up. The gale was howling outside, it rained (trust me, that's not common here!), me radiator wasn't working, I ran out of milk for me coffee. There was a point of time... ok, there were many points of time (especially when I just wake up from me naps) when I felt like just giving in, forget about the reading, go for the seminar at 9 and hope that I won't be called on. There even some points when I harboured the thought that perhaps I shud just forget about going for the seminar - why go for a seminar unprepared? Give up!

But i din. I pushed meself. And in some weird perverse way, I was glad I did! I'm a sucker for punishment, I guess!!!!

Well, I knew I had to set the bar high. This was the first seminar for the General Course. If I give up at this point, it would set the standard for the other seminars. On top of that, I was glad that I had proven that I could do it - stay up all nite, do most of the reading and go for the seminar.

Really thankful to God - I was praying for a fruitful time. And the seminar was really good. And surprisingly, me mind was sharp thruout the 2 hour seminar and I din feel sleepy!

I mean, during me working days, I know if I have less than the minimum sleep time, I would be dead the next day.

Well, God has helped me proved that when it comes to studies, it can be different. Of course I could come back after the 2 hour seminar and sleep for the rest of the day!!!

And now to reward meself - Episode 5 of Lost - Season 2!

p/s - I have another seminar 2moro at 11 am - and yes, I have not started reading up on it yet. Another long nite ahead...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?