Thursday, October 20, 2005

Oops, I did it again - Britney Spears

Thursday is my "downtown" day - I dun have classes on Thursday and the town is less crowded as compared wif Saturday.

I went to Cash Converters to see if they had any 2nd hand guitars - and I ended up up buying more DVDs!!!!!!

I couldn't help it. It was too good a deal. I bought the DVD for this movie:-


I now have the complete sets of all 3 parts!
(pic taken from cinema.com)
Posted by Picasa


The LOTR trilogy are the best movies I've ever seen! Simply excellent! I have bought (and brought here - altho it is of a different region!!!) the extended versions DVDs of The Tow Towers and The Return of the King. I've alwyas wanted to get the extended version DVDs of The Fellowship of the Ring - and then me collection would have been complete!

It is now!

I got it 2nd hand - but it only cost me 8 quid!!!!!

The quality is good - DVD quality. And when I watched the first chapters of the movie, I could feel the shivers run down my spine. Yes, it really is that good!!!!

Only one question - wasn't there a scene at the beginning where Isildur went to Mount Doom to throw the ring in - and Elrond was encouraging him to do it but Isildur decided not to.

It is not in my DVD!

O well...

It is still the right movie. And wat a movie it is. Brilliant. I have watched it so many times but it never fails to move me, excite me, entertain me. I had tears in my eyes just now when I watched Boromir retain his honour at the end. And I still remember watching it the first time at 1-Utama TGV cinema. I still remember watching the extended DVD for the first time on New Years' eve at Al's place wif KC and Weng Soon. I still remember watching it as part of the movie marathon at Sunway TGV! Ah... the memories. :-)

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

p/s - btw, it is significant that today is Viggo "Aragorn" Mortensen's birthday. Happy 47th Birthday, my brother, my captain, my king!

Comments:
hehehe. thanks for that - altho it is quite pointless for me here. Only "ori" DVDs here - so no need to ask "Yie kor hai mai DVD ng or DVD kaw??"

Oh, just to add on to me post - the scene that I thot was "missing"? it actually takes place later in the movie - when Elrond was talking to Gandalf at Rivendell. Gandalf says that they must put their hope in men to which Elrond scoffs - and then he recalls the day when Isildur could have ended it all - but din.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?