Monday, December 19, 2005

I'll be home for Christmas - Vanessa Williams

I woke up at 9 earlier feeling pretty miserable. I dreamt of me mom. It was so real - it was hard to wake up and realise that it was a dream and that she's hundreds of miles away and I won't be seeing her til next autumn, the earliest!!!!

On top of that, I felt an emptiness - not in my life but in the halls. Ghisseh left long ago. Fuwad left on Friday. Aliz left yesterday and Tom this morning. Alberto's away in London. Michael will be leaving today. I dun even know when Yuki left!!!!

They're all going home for Christmas.

I'll miss them - but I have to admit that i dun know wat is getting me down:- the fact that I'll miss them or the fact that they are going home and I'm not!

No, no. Dun get me wrong. I'm happy for them. Excited for them. I was sad that I actually missed saying goodbye to some of them. Things have been moving so fast around here (can't believe that it's less than a week til X'mas).

Michael went around just now to say his goodbyes. I'm making it a point to wake up early to see him off later.

It's only the 2nd time in my lifetime that I'll be spending X'mas away from home.

Oh well... at least I can echo the last line of the song which is the title of this post:-

"I'll be home home for Christmas, if only in my dreams!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?