Thursday, January 26, 2006

I wanna hold your hand - The Beatles

It is interesting living and studying wif people from all over the world. Some of the cultural practices are interesting. I guess some of my cultural practices are interesting to them too. Me flatmates all had a good laugh when I told them why certain people (esp from a certain race) in Malaysia dun shake hands wif their left hands.

I've no problems adopting some of their practices - like kissing on the cheeks when saying hello and goodbye ;-) Even that has difference in different cultures - like how many times (once on the right and another on the left, or right-left-right) and whether to start on the left or the right (very important to syncronise or else you could end up kissing on the lips! haha!).

Some needs to be getting used to, tho!

I have this African classmate. After class today, he wanted to talk to me but he received a call on his mobile. He answered it and just to make sure I wont run away without him, he held my hand!

All.....rite.....!


We started walking out to the corridor and he held on to my hand!!!!! Here I am walking around hand in hand wif this African guy!!!! When we got outside, I quickly put me hands into me pockets. Hey, it was cold.... really!

Weird, man!!!!!

When I got back to me halls, I told a flatmate who doubted that it was African culture to hold hands like that!!!! He asked me if me classmate was gay...

Whatever! My hands are staying in me pockets from now on - even indoors!

Comments:
ahhaah munonn.. better find yourself a girl to be on the safe side ;)
 
well, the last time i checked, liv tyler, jessica alba and jewel weren't available. zhao wei is out cuz i cant speak mandarin.

you go anyone else to recommend?
 
got! i'll tell you when i meet you ;)
 
waiting wif bated breath...
 
hahahahaha
cant believe that happened

oh oh
i cant rmb if it was Yz or Chris, but while crossing the street Sam grabbed his hand to pull him across faster...
tee hee
 
haha...so funny...then u must remember to put ur hands in ur pockets all the time...wahhaa..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?