Saturday, January 14, 2006

Midnight at the oasis - Renee Olstead

I'm eating me dinner while Michael is washing up. Lin Lin is making instant noodles while Alberto walks in, coming back from the PC lab. Soon, Tom will be returning from work and will then cook his sphaghetti. Dee will return from work too wif her shopping while Sachin might decide to pop in and have his yogurt.

Typical scene in our kitchen - the only weird thing is that all this will be taking place at midnight!!!!

Yup, the kitchen is our "oasis"!

I thought i was the only one who has his meals at odd hours. But i can always count on Michael and Tom to be cooking at the same time i do. And we can always expect some other person to join us in the kitchen.

I din realise it until now but i miss it - the hustle and bustle and busy-ness in kitchen. It can get very cramped there during lunch time, with both ovens being used as well as the microwave and the hobs. We'll have to be avoiding each other and ducking under opened cabinets and over fridge doors.

Since i got back from me hols, the kitchen was practically mine during my meal times as the others were still away. But as the 2nd term draws closer, me flatmates are coming back and life "resumes" back here. i find meself in a crowded noisy kitchen eating me meal - and enjoying the atmosphere! Jokes, teasing, foreign languages, opinions, comments, insights, sharing of ideas (and food) etc.

Before he came back, I was chatting wif Michael on-line (yes, Jee Lee, i do chat on-line) and he was telling me that he'll be "home" soon! I told him that he was home at that time. He replied saying that to him, the flats here is his home - from January til the end of summer. And we, his flatmates will be his family.

It's really nice to have them back, my "foster family" - even if it means more distractions from me studies!

Comments:
I'm suprised because you said you'd go online but appear offline. So, i'm suprised. But, i guess, being far from home changed that eh?!

:)
 
yeah, i have to admit i'm not an instant messaging kind of person.

but u are right. being away from home changed that. i still appear offline all the time, tho!!!!

and calling home via skype is free! :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?