Monday, January 16, 2006

Rush rush - Paula Abdul

It's funny how songs tend to mock me at times. I'll never forget once when i was in the toilet, constipated, and the song "Release Me" came on the radio.

Then, there was another time when i had to send a mate to her piano exam - and i was late and stuck in heavy traffic!!!!! Then Paula Abdul's "Rush Rush" came on. Thank God me mate got someone else to send her and she did alrite in her exam.

It was almost deja vu just a couple of minutes ago.

As some of you would know, i completed me holiday essays a few days ago. However, i have not prepared the bibliography. On top of that, me essays were 500 words over the limit. No worries. I planned to touch it up and finish it on Sunday nite.

Last nite, i was in the reading room til 6 am and by the time i got back, i just wanted to sleep. "Ah.... plenty of time since the dateline is at 4 pm".

I got up close to one, had me breakfast, read the Bible, checked mail - i received snail mail! That distracted me a while.

OK - i opened me document and started to edit it. before i knew it, it was past 3 pm!!! Oh no. Start doing the bibliography - not difficult but really tedious. At the back of me mind, i knew i had to rush to the comp lab, print out me essays in 2 sets, rush to the law office, fill in the forms and hand them in. Based on me past "relationships" with printers, i was filled wif dread and fear. After all, i'm living proof that Murphy's Law exist!!!!

On top of that, i can't remember if i have sufficient credit in me comp account to print!!!!!!!

As i was hurrying to complete me bibliography, guess wat? Paula Abdul came on Capital FM and starting singing "Rush Rush"!!!!!! What the...? ~:-(

And rushed i did. I dug out me pen drive, tranferred the docuemnts into it, threw on me long coat and ran to the comp lab. It was packed and i was just about to run to the next one when i noticed an empty terminal near the printer!!!! Thank God. i logged on, opened me documents and sent it for printing. A glance to me left told me that there were a few people waiting by the printer. Oh no!!!!!!!

But praise be to God - i had no problems watsoever in printing out me essays. There was sufficient credit in me account, the essays got printed alrite. In fact, me print job seemed to be dealt wif first before some of me coursemates' - whom i thought sent their print jobs earlier than me.

I sorted it out and ran to the law office, filled up the forms, signed the sheet and handed them in. After saying goodbye to the staff there and some of me coursemates (last minute fellas too), i walked out of the Law Department building. I looked at me watch - it was 4:02 pm. me watch is around 3 or 4 mins fast.

I just made it.

Stress, stress.

Thank God!

I'm going out for a walk to calm meself down. :-)

Comments:
did the snail mail come from a shell bee ?
 
if not, then who else shell it bee??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?