Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Reunited - Peaches and Herb

Blessed New Year to y'all!


New Year's celebration in London! But I wasn't there... Posted by Picasa
(Pic obtained from BBC News Online)

Neither was I at Edinburgh - one of the top 5 places in the world to celebrate the New Year.

Instead, I was in a small student house in Sheffield, sitting in the small dining hall (which I have to say is slanting to one side), surrounded by laundry (done and to be done) and away from any merry making. When the clock on the wall struck 12, we reached out to each other and shook feeble hands and gave sleepy wishes. We then turned in to sleep.

It was excellent!

Vivian, one of KC's and Kev's Church-mate, asked me the next day why did I come to Sheffield and what I would like to see in Sheffield. I gestured towards Kok Choong and Kevin and said that they were the reason why I was there and there was nothing else I would like to do save just to hang out wif them.


Dun I look really happy in the pic on the left? Maybe it had to do wif the excellent (and huge serving of) roast duck and roast pork belly wif crispy noodle. But it was prolly cuz I was wif old frens!
(pics taken using Kev's Nokia phone)

Yeah, we dun need a big party nor millions of pounds worth of fireworks, we dun need nicely decorated places wif loud music. We dun need all that if we have frens! :-)

I had an excellent time at Sheffield - a nice way to wind down my holidays. Sure, the hols were great. I saw so much of brilliant Scotland and even spent half a day in Manchester. But I wanted to spend the new year wif me close mates (we had a nice time laughing when people were asking us if we were course mates or childhod frens!!!! Kev said that he knew me since he was a child so he guess that that makes us childhood frens!).

I've always spent the new year wif Kok Choong and Weng Soon. So one out of 2 is not too bad-lah. It was nice to catch up wif KC - after 6 months!!!! We just hung out like we were back in M'sia. Instead of the LRT, we took the tram. Instead of GSC, we watched King Kong at the local cinema (which has 20 screens!!!). Instead of Midvalley, we hung out at the shopping complex at Meadowhall. We had an excellent buffet chinese dinner (which left us thirsty all nite). I made sure I made up for the lack of prawns that I've been experiencing in the past 3 months!!!!! Oh - the mint choc-chip ice cream was excellent! Yeah, it was the first time in 3 months that I had ice cream!

The next day, we went to Church together, hung out after that and went for lunch. I slept and read while he did his essay. We listened to Sam Hui's music (cheers to Victor Yap for that!). Then, it was another round at the buffet!!!!

This may seem all pretty ordinary - or even boring. But to me, it was a truly wonderful time. We caught up, laughed, shared experiences, laughed, reminise about the old times, laughed, talked about the good old days, laughed, overate (KC actually ate more than me!!!!!), laughed,... and yes, we laughed a lot too!

It was almost a reverse culture shock for me as I stayed in the house filled wif Malaysians, went to Church attended by Malaysians, and listened to a (long-winded) message from the pastor who was Malaysian (I was telling KC that I've never heard such bad English since BSF.... man, am I evil!!!).

And there was the usual Malaysian hospitality. KC met me at the bus station (sacrificing a wonderful new year dinner) and carried me ultra heavy back-pack all the way back to his house. Kev and him bought me an excellent lunch on new year's day. The Church members were frenly and nice. One of KC's housemate made excellent soup for us. Kev and KC took me around despite both having essays due today (3rd). And KC woke up at 4:15 am yesterday to walk me to the train station.

Cheers, mates! Can't wait til u guys come down and I can reciprocate the hospitality.

The only small regret was that we din get to chor tai ti...

Comments:
Wah
Pictures with faces!

And Kok Choong looks like such a handsome young man there....

THo not as handsome a young man as Kevin la...

kekekek...
 
hehehe. u r rite - me pics usually have no people in them! anyways, as stated, the pics were taken using Kev's camera phone!

*Ouch* KC is still sore over that, man! ;-P

we still love u just as much, KC!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?