Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One more try - George Michael

It was Groundhog Day last Thursday!!!! Really wanted to watch the movie again but couldn't find the time (and the space in me laptop!!)

Groundhog Day the movie is one of the classics - perhaps Bill Murray at his best? A feel-good kinda show which has good laughs in store for you.

Basically, it's about this grouchy (and not very nice) fella, Phil, who gets "trapped" in Groundhog Day! Every morning, he wakes up to the same day!!!! Again and again!

In the movie, we are shown things which happened to him on 34 separate days... of the same day! But in actual fact, he was prolly stuck in February the 2nd for years!!!

First he freaks out. Then he decides to use it for his own selfish gains. Slowly but surely, he changes.

Typical Hollywood feel-good ending.


Sumtimes, dun we wish that we could have the opportunity to go thru the same day again - esp when we truly mess-up. Or things go horribly wrong. And we want an opportunity to do it right.

Or maybe we just wish we could have more time to do certain things.


Phil got that opportunity. He gets to know countless of people well, he even learns the piano!!!! All in one day. But in one day which went over and over and over again.

He oso had the opportunity to correct the mistakes he made in the day.

In some ways, I wish I could go thru that - of course, with the ability to stop it whenever I want. I could have more time to study and prepare for me classes. There are just so many things calling out for my attention - for so long. It's oredi February - soon, I'll have to hand in my Research Essay. then I'll have the 2nd term exams. Then the finals. Then the dissertation. It's downhill all the way - riding a bob-sleigh with rocket engines!!!!!

But I guess that even if I had more than 24 hours a day (or if I could go thru the same day over and over again) I'll still not find the time - because if I can't find enuf time in 24 hours, I'll never find the time. After all, God in his infinite wisdom gave us 24 hours a day - that shud suffice. After all, he knows best! It's just that I have to learn to be more disciplined wif the time I have.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I can choose to blog or I can choose to study.


I choose to sleep now, tho. And study tomorrow! Really!!!!!

Comments:
isn't it nice if we can have an "undo" button to undo all our mistakes in life? but i guess that would mean that we'll be less careful knowing that there's this "escape hatch".

Yup, me a student again! :-) Will elaborate more when i reply yr mail.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?