Saturday, March 25, 2006

End of the road - Boyz II Men

We just finished watching Return of the King. As usual, watching it brings back memories and evoke nostalgia.

Unlike most people, i really liked the "many endings" of ROTK. I guess its becuz i knew that when the words "The End" come out, it'll really be the end of the trilogy - and i just din wan it to end.

Still, things end. That's life. And i really gotta learn how to deal wif it.

Me sleepless nites of doing me research essay ended. It oso marked the end of the Spring term. The biggest significance of that is the departure of 2 of me flatmates. Alberto left on Thursday morn and Aliz will be leaving tomorrow.

I'm handling it alrite, actually - the reason being that i'll be meeting up wif both of them in Paris next month. So the goodbyes have not had the element of finality - not yet.

I was thinking about it and i know it's gonna be difficult. Saying goodbye to them will in all probality mean that i'll never see them again!!!!! I'll never hear Aliz's wonderful laugh again. I won't be entertained by Alberto's hands gestures as he talks.


Gone - but not forgotten! Man, that sounds like he passed away or sumthing... Posted by Picasa


I've never been really good at goodbyes - whether it is with regards to people or places.

I'll never forget the when the time came for me in UEL to pack my stuffs and take down the posters and pictures from the walls - each piece of item that i took down from the walls had a memory of someone attached to it. Taking it down meant closing a chapter in my life and wishing goodbye to me mates - i've never seen some of them again, and will never ever get to see them again.

And before i know it, i'll be going thru the same thing again - time just flies...

I was reading a mate's blog where he said that from the mission team he was in a couple of years ago, i was the only team member whom he still keeps in touch with.

It's sad and i really hate goodbyes. I used to have this fren where we'll never say goodbye to each other - it'll be so long or see you but never goodbye. We did eventually said goodbye - for real.

But as much as we try, there'll come a time when we have to go our separate ways - and i guess when i go thru that, instead of just focussing on the time that we'll never spend again anymore , i shud be thankful of the time that we had together. The experiences and memories will remain as long as we keep them close. Such experiences usually leave us a different person - and i would like to believe, a better one. And usually, the end of something marks the beginning of another thing.

And who knows - if God wills it, our paths may cross again, even in unlikely circumstances!!! Like i never thought i'd meet up wif another member from another mission team ever again - but he ends up living in the tower next to mine here at Essex!

Who knows...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?