Monday, May 15, 2006

Crash Boom Bang - Roxette

Well, i'm finally brought back down to earth. After doing really well in my previous assignments (inluding some 1st Class answers and being one of the highest scoring ones in ILAC), i am harshly reminded that i am after all mere mortal! ;-P

The sad thing about it is that it was my proudest work thus far - and it scored my lowest mark - a 3rd Class mark. Sigh...

We finally got our results for our research essays and i went to the law office to collect it. I remembered the last time i was there to collect my results, Maria, the Senior Administrator took a glance at it and went "Wow"!

This time round, there was another coursemate there and Hayley, the other administrator got her essay for her - i looked over her shoulders and saw a 1st Class mark - 70%!!!! Wow, i went! When Hayley got mine, my heart sank. A mere 58%.

I had tried to prepare meself for it. After all, my supervisor and i did not agree on a lot of things but yet i persisted. I din think she would fail me but deep inside, i figured she won't give me a good mark.

Or perhaps it was really that ordinary (you can read it here).

I tried to console meself - the Research Essay only counts for 10% of my overall mark. So, i would get 6% (5.8% brought to the nearest number). Me coursemate who scored 1st Class would get 7% - just a mere 1% more than me overall!!!!!! Looking at it in that perspective, it doesn't seem so bad, rite?

But it din help. Personal satisfaction counts for more - and i am truly disappointed.

And it's not very encouraging for me as i sit for me exams later this week!

A least now i know i shud get another supervisor for my dissertation! ;-P

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?