Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mama - Spice Girls

I walked Chiaki to the bus-stop this morning - her bus was at 2:45am and i guess i was the only one who is not only normally awake at that time of the day but who is still pratty active!

She was so cute because she cold hardly contain her excitement - her mom was scheduled to arrive at Heathrow at 6 am and Chiaki no doubt was looking forward to the sweet reunion. I told her that i felt jealous of her.

It's been almost 8 months since i've seen me mom - webcam and photos doesn't count, ok? In any event, me mom doesnt like to appear on the webcam! Makes her look old. :-)

So is it any surprise that i miss me mom a lot?

Last week, when she she found out that i wasn't feeling well, she insisted that me sis go online and get me so that she could check on me. I mean it was only a normal flu lah. Still, which child doesn't like to be manja-ed once in a while? ;-P

I remember one time back home long ago, when i was really sick - bed-ridden kind - and for some reason i was sleeping in the downstairs room. In the middle of the nite, i felt better and could actually sit up - and i saw me mom sleeping on the floor in the corner of the room!!! She felt that her room upstairs was too far away from me in case i needed anything.

I really din wanna start this post cuz there are just so many things i wanna say about me mom! So many sweet memories. But i know that recounting all those moments will only bring me down more. Sigh... when will i see her again?

Speaking of which - and my father still laughs over this til today - when me mom saw me for the first time after i finished me undergraduate studies, she burst out into tears!!! i was a mere 54 kg back then and the sight me (as some of me mates say, like a drug-addict) must have conjured up horrible fears in her mind that i was starving meself here, that i must be living in great suffering - which of course could not be more further away from the truth!

I'm just glad that in many months of being a "leong-tay-koon" before i came here, i spent quite a lot of time wif me mom.

Chiaki is in London now showing her mom the sights! And i'm turning green! ;-)

Posted by Picasa
A picture of security and contentment! (KC's 'old fren' from Bidor wif its mom)


Comments:
Cool :-)
 
But u prolly din understand words like "manja" and "leong tay koon"!!!
 
manja = pampered

Leong Tay Koon = Leong Tay Chin's brother

=p
 
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she's back!

welcome back - this blog has been missing yr lame comments!

:-)
 
How did you know who my brother is????
 
sometimes its unfortunate enough to have names like ours without ppl making fun of us :(
 
leong tay chin, it is interesting that my site metre showed that you were in Sheffield, UK when u left that comment!!!

in any event, is your IE fixed oredi???
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?