Monday, July 17, 2006

Holiday - Madonna

Man, am i wasted. Was up at 6 this morning and worked for 7 hours plus!!! Last weekend, i worked 14 hours! I need a holiday!

This would be nice:-


The Fours Seasons Hotel at Langkawi!


With a choice of taking a nice bath indoors or under the blue skies!


But i guess me not so fortunate - not like me flatmates!!!!

Michael just got back from Berlin. Isabella and Chiaki got back from Switzerland a couple of weeks ago. Michelle visited a fren in Denmark last month. Carrie and Tom went to their respective homes for their hols and are back now. Sachin went to Cambridge to visit his relative there. Wei just left 2 days ago to go to Paris & Barcelona wif his girlfren. Ghisseh will be travelling up to Scotland in 2 weeks’ time wif some girlfrens.

Me? Well… I’ve been to London more times in these couple of weeks than I did from October to May! :-)

Decided against travelling during the Summer hols. Too hot, too expensive. In any event, wif a summer job and dissertation, I’m glad I’m not travelling much. Looking forward to backpacking in October wif me mates.

On top of that, am really glad to spend so much time in London. Really love that place! Thought I’ve seen it all – or most of it, anyways. But there is still so much more to see and do. Been to places that I’ve never been to, revisited some old favourites, caught up wif mates, eating loads of duck rice ;-P And i dun have to visit any place special! Being in London itself is special. Sometimes, just walking along the Thames or lying on the grass at South Kensington Park leaves me contented.

Check out here for pics of me visits to the various museums and galleries (V&A museum, British Museum, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Tate Gallery) and other places like Portobello Road.

It’s funny how I feel so at home in London – more than here in Colchester. I guess it’s cuz London has always embraced me as one of its own!

Here in Colchester, due to the ridiculously high number of students from China, when people see me, the normal reaction is “Oh, another one of them China-students/chinks”. As they are so big in number, most of them jus hang out wif each other, live in their own small communities and speak in Mandarin all the time. It’s quite sad that after living here for years, most still can’t converse in English. I was chatting wif a girl from China the other day and she apologised for her not-so-good English, saying that it has been months since she actually had a conversation in English wif anyone!

But in London, due to the high number of immigrants and the metropolitan nature of London, coupled wif the fact that the Chinese (mainly from Hong Kong) had long been in London, I guess I blend in well. I dun dress like a tourist, nor do I walk around wif maps and Tube guides (some of me mates say that I have this arrogance in the way I walk!)! It’s funny how many times people have stopped me to ask for directions!

Yeah, it sure feels like home – without me family and mates, tho.

OK. Gotta rest. Day off tomorrow - yup, will be in London again! :-)

Pics obtained from the Four Seasons website

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?