Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm so excited - Pointer Sisters

Yes, he returns - after many many decades (and many many potential actors and directors too!).


Odeon, Leicester Square

I am trying so so hard to keep my expectations low - so as not to be disappointed. but it is so hard. Impossible, even!

Look, i'm from the generation that grew up watching Christopher Reeve in the red pants! Of course i'm excited to see the man of steel (and red pants too!) back on the big screen again!

Altho i hated Spiderman the movie (how dare they change the original story!), i absolutely loved Spiderman 2. X-Men 2 was brilliant! Batman Begins last year was thoroughly enjoyable. Surely Superman Returns will be jus as good?

All me mates from M'sia who has watched it tell me it's good. The trailer looks fantastic!

Keep my expectations low? Might as well ask me to sell off my Wimbledon t-shirt at 50% discount. That would be easier!

Today was the London Premier of Superman Returns! Ok, ok, i know all the reaction you ppl back home are having now. I know Superman opened like 2 weeks ago! If Superman opened somewhere else first other than Malaysia, the pirated copies will be available at Petaling Street - faster than a speeding bullet, no doubt!

Anyways, I was there - again. I know i attended one movie premier just last week(which was Pirates of the Carribean - see here) but since i was in London for Jamie Cullum's concert i decided to drop by and join in the madness at Leicester Square!

Well, i must say that the Pirates of the Carribean 2 premier attracted a much much larger crowd! But still, it was crowded enuf. Thank God it was cloudy.

Brandon Routh was oso much taller than Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp - so coupled wif the smaller crowd, i got many sights if him. Even managed to snap a pic or two (see below. For some pro pics, go here). I caught sight of Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer too.


Brandon circled in red

Now to get me working hours for next week so i can see when i'll be free to watch the movie - yeah, gonna spend like 5 quid for it - there goes me hair-cut money. It wasnt a hard decision, tho. Hair-cut? Superman? No fight!

Who wans to watch it wif me? :-)

Comments:
Superman returns is pretty crappy, best lower ur expectations. Pirates is good, not great. Won't be able to meet this Sat, laptop still dead.
jt
 
You shud know by now how i almost always disagree wif yr taste in movies - so your non-endorsement jus further adds to me excitement! ;-)
 
Well, maybe I knew that and did it on purpose so that u'll raise ur expectations further and over-hyping the movie thus ultimately making it a disappointment. Don't worry about the vase.
jt
 
yaw mou kaw chor? pirates good?!? the first one?
 
***Superman Returns Spoiler Alert***
***Don't say I didn't warn u!!!!!***


Compare to Superman, it's a master piece. Throw Superman's crystal into the sea to create land for development? Not just the any sea but at the convenient location off the coast of Metropolis? With all the alien technology that Lex got, this is the best idea he/the script writers can come up with? After years of development, dozens of different writers/directors/actors, this is the story line they decided to commit $260 million to.
I think Pirates had a decent story line considering that it is a setup for the next one, makes me wanna watch the 3rd one for the conclusion to the story lines. I have to say, not as witty as the first and a little too many CG scenes but still very much enjoyable.
jt
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?