Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Outside - George Michael

I blogged bout me dilemma some time ago (read here) – Four-play or Jamie Cullum? I can’t afford going for both.

Well, I settled the problem – I went for both! For free! :-)

I went earlier to check out the place – and I found out that if I stood along the road outside the perimeter of the Tower of London, I’d get a good view of the stage – and the sound was pretty good too!

It wasn’t great – the sound of the cars behind me can be quite noisy at times. It got quite cold during Jamie’s concert too. And these 2 girls decided to stand next to me and have a long and loud conversation. But hey, it’s free! And I was closer to the stage than I was during Sam Hui’s concert at Bukit Jalil last year!!!!!!

Initially, I planned only to catch Four-play which was on Wednesday since Jamie’s concert was on Thursday and I was working for 7 hours that day.

I was late for Four-play’s concert (read why here) – and to my disbelief, they were only the opening act for Al Jarreau!!!!!! I thought they were performing wif him! So I only managed to catch the end of their performance – which was brilliant! Al Jarreau was disappointing, tho and I wondered if it was cuz of the sound system.

For some reason, me working hours on Thursday were cut short and I decided to go again to watch Jamie. It was worth it!

Jamie Cullum is so so good. And he sound exactly like he does on the CD – so it was not the sound system that was bad. I strongly believe that the best gauge of one’s singing ability is during a live performance – and Jamie passed wif flying colours!

His concert was exactly like how it always is – energetic and fun! At the start, he even took a jibe at the audience saying that if he were them, he’d join the people along the road outside and watch for free – and he pointed to us out at the back!

Jamie, did u see me wave at you when u pointed at us? I guess the chances of that are as low as the chances of you reading this-eh? Brilliant show, anyways! ;-)

There were 3 big screens oso and we could see his expressions! It was good. I stayed on til the end even if it meant that I missed me train and had to walk over an hour to get home. No regrets! :-)

p/s - a funny thing happened along the way home. As i walked thru the High Street near the disco, some guy came over and offered to swap his 3/4 pants wif me jeans and even throw in a fiver and a lighter!!!! It seems that he wasn't allowed into the disco without long pants. I politely refursed him, tho. Hey, this is me Tesco 3 quid jeans, ok?! :-P

Comments:
hi...you're really enjoying yourself in London...Good..don't come back so soon..stay for another one year...times are quite bad over here...so busy as too many defaulters & fraud deals..so depressing with daily news about the glut in the car industry..Joke of the year(front page story of STAR)..siti nurhaliza (27) is going to marry a 47 years old divorcee.
 
well, love transcends all doesnt it? that should include age, i guess.

anyways, dun let the news get u down. i shall venture to post up cheerier stuffs here!
 
oh, in view of siti's case, looks like weng soon has got a chance to be your son-in-law???? ;-P
 
Yeah, i did see you wave...
Cheers
 
*faints*

Gee, thanks for dropping by, mate! by the way, what are u doin in m'sia? ;-P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?