Sunday, August 27, 2006

Going through the motions - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Opening scene from "Once More With Feelings"! Singing and dancing vamps & demon? Brilliant!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Going Through the Motions


I'm kinda feeling like that these days - going thru the motions. In respect of me dissertation, anyways.

Every night the same arrangement - Right now, i'm chilling out after dinner before taking a shower and going to the Labs to do more work. Tomorrow, the whole routine resets and i go thru the motions again.

You find this fight just doesn't mean a thing - The dissertation is becoming like a real nuisance. It's not like we can't pass - and it's not like it will make any difference to our overall marks even if we score brilliantly for it. So it's just something we have to get it over and done with.

Well, it's not all that gloom and doom. I mean, it is kinda mentally stimulating! Reading case law from Malaysia brings back memories too (me dissertation is regarding preventive detention in M'sia & S'pore). And the hours spent doing it is the only time in the day when i dun feel down about leaving and missing me mates and all.

But me heart is just not in it.

Will I stay this way forever?
Sleepwalk through my life's endeavour?

I don't want to be
Going through the motions
Losing all my drive
I can't even see
If this is really me
and I just wanna be
....Alive

p/s - today has been brilliant, tho. Hung out wif me me church mates for a while after service, and then met up wif so many of my ex-colleagues from Food-on-3! So nice to see them again. Oh, the sun graced us wif its presence too! Still, seeing them all makes me miss them even so much more...

Comments:
used to love watching buffy, but the not sure since when stopped so. guess it's after buffy was killed..din follow the story after that..ally mcbeal's my all time favourite though.
 
u stopped after she was killed? oh no!!! that means you missed the "musical" episode!

you have to watch it!!!!! i can send you the links on YouTube if you want. it's truly brilliant!

used to a big fan of ally - sometimes, it got too close to reality for me!!!! and i loved how they used songs and had people breaking out in song and dance! :-)

*sigh* - now u got me digging up me ally mcbeal songs and listening to them. Memories...
 
love the christmas songs, every season of them!
can't picture a musical buffy episode though, sound funny to me :) n speak of musical..hav u ever watched any play there? my greatest regret is not having watched all the great plays at student price before i left uk :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?