Friday, August 25, 2006

Something to sing about - Sarah Michelle Gellar

I LOVE musicals. I LOVE Buffy (the TV series). So when i accidentally stumble upon the episode in season 6 which was a musical in nature, i had to watch it - even if it contained spoilers.

Yeah, for you non-Buffy fans, you read it right. The episode was turned into a musical! It was truly brilliant! They even came out with a soundtrack for the episode - which i've been listening over and over and over again this past week!

Skeptical? Watch this clip - it's the cast trying to figure out why they are all trapped in a musical world, throwing out their theories and all:-

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - I've Got a Theory/Bunnies/If We Are Together


That was so so good. I loved it when Anya goes "It could be bunnies..." and then the rest stare at her and you can hear the crickets in the background (Really! turn up the volume to hear it!)! LOL! And the way the mood of the song changes when Buffy sings her verse, wif the strumming of the guitar without the distortion! Excellent!

Ah, it reawakened the love for musicals in me. Can't believe that i've only caught one musical since coming here! But it has been expensive.

Isn't it wonderful, seeing people just breaking out into song and dance? I wish my life was a musical! Well, in some ways, it has been. It has had it's musical moments. :-)

I missed me mates who won't think twice but break out into song wif me at the drop of the hat!

One of the songs in the Buffy musical (Episode is entitled "Once More With Feeling") is the title of this post. Buffy in that song asks for something to sing about.

I guess in life, that is something we are seeking for, isn't it? It's sad if we dun have it - but when we find it, it can change our lives. Sometimes, the thing we sing about turns out to be a sad song - but to me, having a sad song to sing is better than not having music in your life at all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?