Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's all coming back to me now - Celine Dion

I used to love studying. I'd camp mesef in the library and stay there all day long til they kick me out. I would envy me mates who's Uni have their library opened 24 hours a day.

Today, I'm reminded of why I used to love it so much!

I guess it has to do wif the subject matter. The fact that me lecturer is simply brilliant adds to the pleasure of it!

I was up til close to 5 this morning, trying to do as much reading as I could to prepare for the 2 hour seminar I just had. It was raining (a rarity here in Colchester! Honest!) and the bed was so tempting. However, save for the initial moments when I sat at me table trying to will meself to study, once I started, there was no stopping!

I was preparing for a seminar on International Law of Armed Conflict.

It's funny, I guess. It never occurred to me to choose this option. But during the induction class, when the lecturer came up to give a preview of the subject, I was hooked. Perhaps it was due to her clear, concise and interesting presentation.

Basically, it's a study on war! On when a war can be lawfully started and on the rules governing what takes place during a war.

As part of the reading list, we are encouraged to read Tom Clancy!!!! Today, the lecturer drew analogies wif William Shakespeare's Henry V!!!

I kinda expected - wif the staying up til 5 am - I'd be a zombie during the seminar. On the contrary, I was so alert during every minute of the 2 hour seminar. And now, I'm just so excited over the whole thing.

I guess this is why I studied law - and this is why I told meself that i would study again. After the nightmare of last week's intensive/introductory classes, I did wonder if I made the right decision to do me masters. I tried but failed to comprehend the motivations that made me quit me job and resume my studies.

But after this morning, I remember why I had such a passion to study. Thank God I rediscovered it. I look forward now for the hours in the library! Sick-eh?

But for now, I need me sleep...

p/s - oh another rediscovered love! I was listening again to Capital FM 95.8. It was just like the old days, listening to it in the wee hours of the morning, singing along, laughing and then finally reluctantly turning it off to get back to me books!

Comments:
I had a presentation a few days ago about women's position during conflict times (ie: war). The findings were disgusting! I had very visual description of rapes and all that...eeewww....scary. Make me not take for granted that i'm in safe safe singapore (and Malaysia of course!).

But, arrrggghhh...I haven't been sleeping enuff for 5 days already. I either sleep at 3am or 5am or 7am. Arggghh...

It's 1:25am now and I've only got 2 points up in my assignment. I still have at least 2 more to go. Die! and i'm only 500 words below word limit. This is scary! It's gonna be another 3 or 5am nite/morning again.

So, here i am complaining at ur blog instead of mine. hehehe....
 
Heya!!!!!!

I completely understand how enjoyable it is to study! May not seem like engineering physics is as interesting and relevant to life....but the feeling of finally understanding the Particle Theory of Light....

It's like seeing the world in a different light....literally...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?