Monday, October 17, 2005

We are family - Sister Sledge

I'm still looking for a local Church here to attend. So far I've been to 2 since I've arrived here.

I had a wonderful time last nite. I was planning to go for the morning service but I got up wif a migraine (yeah, it still happens here) and it took me longer to get off me bed. By the time i did drag meself up, the toilet was occupied. In the end, I decided to go for the evening service instead!

Oh, for you fellas at TLC back home, kindly be informed that services here start at 10:30 am or 11!!!! Muahahaha!!!! And if u miss the morning one, you can always attend the evening service! In any event, even if it starts at 8 am, it really shudn't matter since there are no EPL matches which go rite up to 2 am here!!!!

Visiting the churches here has been a nice experience. Despite being so different from the locals here, they have all been nice and frenly (although the one I attended 2 Sundays ago seemed more interested in helping me find another church to attend!!!). Altho I stand out from among them all, yet, I have been accepted as one of them. And last nite, I was even allowed to partake of the Lord’s emblems together wif the rest of them.

I kinda like the church I attended last nite. It reminded me so much of the local church I attended in Barking. There was a small sense of déjà vu when I listened to the lone organist playing wonderfully and leading us in singing, and then later after the service, to discover that they were without a Pastor at the moment.

When I was in that church in Barking, they took me in as an official member and when the time came to vote for the new Pastor, I was asked to vote too.

Looking back tho, I now wonder if we made the right choice. Not long after I left for home, I found out that all the previous elders also left the church – although til today, I do not know for wat reasons. I do know it has to do wif some disagreement wif the new Pastor.

O well… we are from different backgrounds and will always have disagreements. But no matter wat happens, we will still love each other, for in Christ, we are of one family. And the truth of that statement rings home even more clearly when u are a foreigner in another land but you are welcomed warmly as a brother.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?