Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hard to say I'm sorry - Chicago

I just woke up and here I am, blogging.

Well, to be precise, I just got out of bd. I woke up quite a while ago - when me room phone started ringing!!!! I willed it to stop but it din. So I dragged meself to the phone and answered it.

"Hello...", groggily...

"Hello?" came the reply.

A beat.

"Yes????", I asked.

*click*

Engaged tone.

What the....??????

Slammed the phone down and hopped back into bed trying to resume my blissful sleep but to no avail.

Instead, I tossed and turned (and cursed the caller) until I decided it was time to wake up.

I mean, doesn't it just drive you up the wall? One of the things that really get to me are people like that. I always got that back home in M'sia. Wat is worse back home is that when they call me, they have the cheek to demand who I am!!!! When I asked them back who they want to speak to, they simply hang-up!

There was once when I was truly stressed up in office and one lady chose to annoy me by doing that - calling me on me mobile and when I answered, and she heard my voice - which was obviously not the voice she was expecting, she promptly hung up. I was so mad that I dialled her number back (I had CLIP on me moblie phone) and gave her a piece of me mind!!! Of course she denied it was her and that it was someone else using the phone.

Yeah, rite. Tell us another one.


Is it so difficult to apologise for dailing the wrong number? Sure it may take up a few extra minutes of your precious time but certainly not too high a price to pay to show courtesy, is it?

Can't find the words? Here, lemme help you:-

"Oh, I'm sorry. I must have dialled the wrong number."

"Pardon me. I got the wrong person."

"My apologies. I was looking for someone else."

"Oh dear. I'm so very sorry for disturbing you. Wrong number!"

"Ooops. Sori!"

To which I'm sure the person on the other side would say sumthing like "No worries" or "It's alrite" or "It is ok".

Of course back in M'sia, I have experienced before when I was the one who made the mistake and I quickly apologised and had the phone slammed down on me immediately!

How rude...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?