Thursday, October 13, 2005

Maria Maria - Santana

I'm back here in me room. Spent bout an hour in Lecture Hall 7 waiting in vain. They reschedule a class last minute and then apparently, the lecturer got lost!!! At least that's wat we were told that Maria said. (Maria is the Senior Administrator for the Law Graduate programmes). Now we receive an e-mail telling us there was a clash. Wat gives...

I mean, I got up early to get to the 11 am class!!!! sheesh...

Me not too impressed wif the admin so far.

Dun get me wrong - Essex has been brilliant!!! Everything is up to standard - and even more. I'm so impressed wif the organisation and the fact that everything is on-line.

But the admin for the Law Graduates... well...

The other day, they sent out an e-mail asking us to collect our course materials from 3 - 5 pm on Friday. I had to rush back from town and reached the law office 15 minutes to 5. Maria told me that they have closed and the people in charge have gone home!!!! I was like "What the...???" but of course I din say it out loud. I politely pointed out that the e-mail clearly stated that it was til 5 pm. To which Maria said that the people in charge had been waiting for sum time and when no one turned up, they left!!! She reprimanded me - nicely - for not coming earlier!!!!

Hello????? My fault? In the first place, they committed themselves to give it out from 3 to 5 pm. They had no right to unilaterally decide to change that just because "...no one came". Din it occur to them that since they sent out the e-mail saying the materials will be given out from 3 - 5 pm that some people would and could still come at 4:55pm? After all, it was just to collect the reading materials and sign on a piece of paper!

So not only did Maria NOT apologise but she tried to push the fault to me instead!

Of course I was all nice and smiley - trust me, you dun wanna offend the Head of the Admin for your course. Not so early in the term anyways! Hypocrite??? Watever...

To be fair to Maria, she personally reopened the office and search out the materials I needed and gave them to me - all before 5 pm.

Cheers, Maria!

p/s - gotta end on a nice note in case someone tells her bout this post!!!! ;-P

LATEST:-

When I got back just now, I received an e-mail from the Research/ Timetabling/ Study Abroad Programmes Administrator for the Department of Law that the 11 am session has been rescheduled to 4-6 pm this evening.

After I finished posting this post, I received an e-mail from the Administrator, Graduate Office, Law Department, saying that the session is rescheduled to 2-4 pm.

How now, brown cow?


Comments:
OK - instead of editing the post, I'll just leave a comment lah!

Finally, after many many more e-mails, it is now confirmed that the class is to be at 4 - 6 pm.

Now to get shut eye...
 
wow. i just didnt check ur blog (the holly's cafe) for a while n now suddenly u hav ANOTHER blog! good to hear that u r enjoyin urself ... n the sun. i deeply envy ur big black... radiator/heater! its like 7 C tonite up here. n stingy hsemates r still at it...
 
not wanting to rub it in but it was been fairly warm here - so much so that eventho the radiator not working for the past couple of days, i still sleep wif me windows wide open!

but i cudn't dry me clothes! so it was nice to have it back on again.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?