Friday, January 13, 2006

8 days a week - The Beatles

It's close to 7 am now and i just completed me 2nd essay. Stayed up the whole nite but the weird thing is that as tired as i feel mentally, i'm physically awake!

It's that time of the year again when i wish there were like 8 days in a week so that i can have more time to prepare for me test next Wednesday! But having said that, i just can't wait for next Thursday to come quickly - for then the test would be over and i'll be watching The Chronicles of Narnia!!!!!

The bright side to it all is that in spite of the stress, the studying is very exciting. Even during lunch yesterday, i discussed my essay with Ghisseh and she thought it was very interesting.

There was a small dilemma earlier. You see, i had a bad experience during my undergraduate days when i had this young tutor - fresh from her graduation. She was clearly a pro-choice person while i am pro-life. I had to do an essay on abortion and i knew my views will be totally opposite to hers. But i did it anyway - and for that particular essay, i scored the lowest mark ever in all my law papars!

i couldn't help but feel that i was penalised more because of my views than the actual quality of my arguments.

Anyways, for me essay which i just completed, i had to discuss on whether corporal punishment should be prohibited completely in all situations. i know the views of my current lecturer - totally opposite of mine. She was also speaking rather highly of this lawyer and his article. When i read the article, i thought his views were crap!

So should i take the risk and conclude my essay in a way that i know my lecturer will never agree? Or do i "play it safe" and pretend to take her view?

Of course i did the former. In any event, i have full confidence in my current lecturer that she is objective enough to grade me not solely on my views but on the strengths of my arguments.

Anyways, the fact that the essay will only amount to a maximum of 3.75% in my overall mark also played a small part. Yeah, if i score a 100% for the essay, i'll only get 3.75%! Kinda puts things into perspective, rite? My test next Wednesday will only go to 7.5%!!!!

On another unrelated matter - the halls are filing up again. Yesterday itself, 3 of me flatmates returned. It was a nice reunion. The kitchen is now actually crowded during meal times. I must say that it is a real distraction, tho - but a nice one!

And a further unrelated matter, i've been listening a lot to chinese music. It was just too quiet in me room when i was doing me essays - and i find english songs too distracting cuz i could understand the lyrics! Makes sense? But some of the chinese songs are brilliant! too bad i dun know who the singers are or what they are singing about!

OK. Will try to sleep before it gets bright!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?